• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new 6.5 PRC- Sako S20 vs Bergara Premier HMR

critrgitr

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Mesa, CO
I am looking into buying a 6.5 PRC and am currently looking at these two rifles. I have a Sako 75 300 RUM that shoots lights out is the main reason I am considering the Sako. This rifle will primarily be a hunting rifle with some target shooting off season. I also have a 6mm XC target rifle for matches and serious target shooting already. There are more customizable options for the Bergara down the road if I want to change things. The Sako is about 2.3 lbs lighter which is a plus on the hunting side for sure. Has anyone handled or shot both? Hows the triggers compare? Out of the box accuracy? Any other considerations between the two? Thanks for your input.

I don't have a S20, but it appears to be the successor to the TRG based M995. I love my M995, nice slick action and nice trigger. I wouldn't hesitate to grab one based on that, I'm curious if anyone that has any experience with the older models could do a comparison.

-Kirby

I was told by shop owner that more options are being released for S20 soon.
I've fired one at the range, an acquaintance has bought one.
Typical Sako quality.😍
If I could justify another bang stick, that would be it.