• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 6.5CM Proof Research Barrel Build!

ZeroMOA

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
WA
First time using a Proof Research barrel, just got the rifle back from the smith. Going to shoot it tomorrow, hoping it shoots well!

-Remington 700 Trued Action
-Proof Research 24" Barrel
-Nightforce 5.5-22.5x56 MOAR-T Scope
-Spuhr 1.18" Mount
-Badger Mount
-AICS 2.0 Stock with Viper Skins
-Atlas Bipod
-LRI Bolt Knob
-Timney 510 Trigger
-Holland Muzzle Break
-OD Green Cerakote

Very nice rig.

Interested in reports on the proof barrel and how it shoots. I have a blank in the safe I'm trying to figure out what to build with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys, I'm headed to the range tomorrow and will report back on accuracy. As the rifle sits with 5 round AICS mage, it weights 14.1lbs. I had a Remington varmint contour barrel on it before and it weighed 16.3lbs. The Proof Barrel is the standard Sendero contour and the rifles definitely balances a lot better now.

Did he thread the dingus? See how it shoots first-- maybe it doesn't matter, but I'm pretty sure Proof says to circumsize the barrel then thread the meaty part.

Went to the range today and happy to report, it shot great! Below are a few of the groups. I didn't have a lot of time to test various loads, all I shot was 140g Hornady ELD match factory ammo. I'm going to go back next weekend to try some other loads and stretch out to 300 yards. Pretty happy so far.

A few more close up pictures for those of you interested...

That's a tack driver, I have a similar one in the works at LRI but shooting for lighter weight around 9-10lbs. Now I really can't wait to get it.

Were the cerakoted rings too short for the chassis?

Thanks guys, had a couple local gunsmiths work on it, Beyond Ballistics did the barrel and Milwaukee Gunsmith did the cerakote.

On the rings, they were actually on for another rifle I have that is already OD green cerakote, just wanted them to match, so gave them to the gunsmith to coat as well.

IMG_1625.JPG Had a little more cerakote work done on a few other parts and too it out to Montana for some long range shooting on steel and a prairie dog hunt! Shot steel out to 1311 yards and prairie dogs out to 380 yards, was a great time!

Attachments

• IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 32