• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New 640 12um Thermal Scope offering from Bering Optics (Super Yoter 35mm!)

kirsch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2020
I have been testing a prototype Super Yoter 35 for a few weeks. I put together a review video filming some deer as well as two coyote stands using the Super Yoter 35. The humidity in the review video ranges from 75% all the way to 100%.

The Super Yoter 35 is exactly what I expected. The image is very comparable to the Super Yoter 50 but at 2x base magnification vs 3x and 11° FOV vs 8.5°. It will be a great option for people who hunt tighter terrain and/or shoot at larger groups of animals. It will be a very universal type of scope with the lower base magnification and ability to maintain image quality using digital zoom.

Bering is planning to beginning shipping this week.

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to see some video of this scope. I currently run a Thermion XP38 and, since the this scope was announced, I was thinking about selling it for the Yoter 35. I like the function & image on the Thermion. I'm not too crazy about the size & weight of it though. It's mounted on an AR pistol and it takes up a lot of space. In your opinion, am I giving up anything (besides size & weight) by going that route?

I have been testing a prototype Super Yoter 35 for a few weeks. I put together a review video filming some deer as well as two coyote stands using the Super Yoter 35. The humidity in the review video ranges from 75% all the way to 100%.

The Super Yoter 35 is exactly what I expected. The image is very comparable to the Super Yoter 50 but at 2x base magnification vs 3x and 11° FOV vs 8.5°. It will be a great option for people who hunt tighter terrain and/or shoot at larger groups of animals. It will be a very universal type of scope with the lower base magnification and ability to maintain image quality using digital zoom.

Bering is planning to beginning shipping this week.

Nice video. Thanks for posting

Maybe they will run a TV Ad type special introductory price of $19.99 if you buy now while supplies last. :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: stefan73
Does it hold zero only at base mag like the super hogster? Or does zero stay true once you use digital mag?

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to see some video of this scope. I currently run a Thermion XP38 and, since the this scope was announced, I was thinking about selling it for the Yoter 35. I like the function & image on the Thermion. I'm not too crazy about the size & weight of it though. It's mounted on an AR pistol and it takes up a lot of space. In your opinion, am I giving up anything (besides size & weight) by going that route?
Super Yoter 35 Pros:
* Size & Weight
* Ability To Be Used As A Scanner
* 4-year, transferrable warranty

Thermion XP38 Pros:
* Fits bolt guns better
* Adjustable PIP Zoom (vs just 2x more than base)
* Records Audio and Video

I haven't used the Thermion XP38. I have used a first generation Helion XP38 and the SY35 has it beat especially in higher humidity. However, as I said I haven't used the Thermion XP38. If you don't like the size, design, etc of the Thermion and want something that can be a scope and/or a scanner, the SY35 would be a great option.

Ballpark cost? Looks great
The MAP pricing for the SY35 is $3,995 with the LaRue mount. Night Goggles only plans to carry it with the LaRue mount unless someone wants to special order it with the standard QD mount which is $3,795. There is a hide discount and free shipping if you contact Night Goggles and tell them you are with the Hide. Due to MAP guidelines, you have to call to find out the price. 909-312-5424

Maybe they will run a TV Ad type special introductory price of $19.99 if you buy now while supplies last. :LOL:
A sub $4K, 640, 12µm thermal with a ton of features, a LaRue mount, and a 4-year, transferrable warranty. There is a lot to like here. Not $19.99 but a great price on a great thermal.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Does it hold zero only at base mag like the super hogster? Or does zero stay true once you use digital mag?
I have used the SY50 a ton. I used the digital zoom a lot and it hasn't moved, so there is on reason to think the SY35 wil be any different. There are a few guys on PredatorMasters.com that literally shoot all their coyotes on 2-4x zoom so 6-12 power, and no reports of any zero changes with the SY scopes. On the video, the first coyote was shot at 2x digital zoom, and the 2nd coyote was shot at 1x but with PIP. Both were clean kills and both were hit exac

Reactions: 4O6shootist
A sub $4K, 640, 12µm thermal with a ton of features, a LaRue mount, and a 4-year, transferrable warranty. There is a lot to like here. Not $19.99 but a great price on a great thermal.
They could ditch the LaRue Mount for a ADM mount. The LaRue Mounts chew up rails.

I ditched most of my LaRue for ADM simply because of the rail chewing.

^^^this guy gets it. I won't buy any more accessories with Larue mounts unless it's like a once-in-a-lifetime deal on an IWS-I or something. I get they are "mil approved" but in the civilian space it makes no sense to me to sell a commercial NV device with a Larue mount when ADM and Bobro exist.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Super Yoter 35 Pros:
* Size & Weight
* Ability To Be Used As A Scanner
* 4-year, transferrable warranty

Thermion XP38 Pros:
* Fits bolt guns better
* Adjustable PIP Zoom (vs just 2x more than base)
* Records Audio and Video

I haven't used the Thermion XP38. I have used a first generation Helion XP38 and the SY35 has it beat especially in higher humidity. However, as I said I haven't used the Thermion XP38. If you don't like the size, design, etc of the Thermion and want something that can be a scope and/or a scanner, the SY35 would be a great option.
Good to know. I appreciate the insight.

This LaRue QD mount for the Bering Optics thermals appears to be a new design at least one that I haven't seen before.

Yoter7-scaled.jpg

I haven't noticed any rail chewing. There are a lot of good mounts out there. I have had my fingers snapped by Bobro mounts enough that I can still remember the pain.

• Haha
Reactions: SDBguy95