• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 7.62x39 akm47

Rude Robert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2011
CA
Hi I took out my new rifle out to see how close the sights were adjusted. The manual said to put the rear site at the 20 and zero at 25 yards. And then after you make the left/right and up/down adjustment, put it at one for 100 yards. The videos I watched some people had to really adjust the left and right it seemed a lot that the had to move it. I was a bit surprised that I was pretty much centered but high. So after I moved my target out to 100 then came back to shoot it, I forgot to counter clockwise my site to bring it down. I went ahead and turned it two full turns out i would say(counter clockwise). I have membership at this private range and it is okay, but a bit weird. It has a big berm that connects the pistol range and goes across the rifle range and 25 yards. Then, it has pipes in the berm that you shoot through to aim at the target at 100 yards. We all know why this is so the some dummy does fling one too high and far, but anyways. At my old eyes and the distraction of the berm/pipe, I had to basically just guess where was about center and fire.

Attachments

• 20240206_110204_remastered.jpg
    20240206_110204_remastered.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I only fired 5 here and 13 at the pistol ranger for now. I spent a lot of time looking for my brass, found it all but one. That thing was kicking out the brass about 2 to 30 feet. the cases have dents but more closely like a dent cut from hitting so hard on the upper receiver. When i get pictures i ll send post it. Right now my sleeping meds are playing evil tricks with my vision as it's trying to put me to sleep. I need a brass catcher for sure anyone use them or just something that keeps them close by. I want to check with you guys who reload this brass, my really has a big dent cut and i want to know if it is safe to reload. Best regards Robert

The case dents are pretty common for the platform. The Finns used to have a clip on deflector but they are impossible to find now. I have toyed with the idea of trying to slit some rubber vacuum line and stick it on the dust cover to see if that would work. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I wish I could get my hands on one of the original Finn deflectors to see if it can be 3D printed and made again.

I loaded some 5.45 that were dinged and it didn't seem to have any issues. The ding will blow out when the round is fired, but it will get dinged again on the cycle.

You should probably start watching Rob Ski of AKOU's videos about how to run an AK and check out his website for writeups and tools.

You clearly have no clue what you're doing with an AK lol.

lol yes I will have to pull it up for sure. It was actually 20 to 30 feet that it was kicking out the brass, I edited my post.