• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 77g 224 bullet

DarinC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2018
Ran across these guys at our last match and can’t seem to find much out there on them.

I’m only a hundred or so into them, So far they are absolutely hammering and really remind me of a Berger Hybrid. And best of all, they’re available.

Anyone else played with them?

It’d be cool if someone conducted ballistics gel testing… I will say, Their 77gr bullets look awfully funny sitting next to my SMKs.

Ran across these guys at our last match and can’t seem to find much out there on them.

I’m only a hundred or so into them, So far they are absolutely hammering and really remind me of a Berger Hybrid. And best of all, they’re available.

The Berger 77 grain is an OTM with a tangent ogive it's not a hybrid. Can you confirm the stated BC of .475 of this bullet as the Berger is .374 which seems like one hell of a difference?

The Berger 77 grain is an OTM with a tangent ogive it's not a hybrid. Can you confirm the stated BC of .475 of this bullet as the Berger is .374 which seems like one hell of a difference?
Not calling them liars, since there's no real industry standard for BC measurement. There's no way this bullet is beating the snot out of a .228 G7 77 RDF.

.243 G7 must be at Mach 3. Pictures of their loaded rounds show the bearing surface of these 77's stuffed all the way flush with the neck i.e. Ogive pushed way back like a 75 eldm. Bullets like that tend to shoot like shit in my AR's.
1702044980234.png

I'd like to here some range reports on these.

How fast are you pushing them? What gun set up? Easy to load for?

How dp they shoot? HAve you tried to seat them long?
I have, out to 550y through an 18" Daniel Defense. I don't have any evidence, but I was getting consistent headshots on my steel silhouettes at that distance. And was able to get .6-.7 MOA while zeroing.... I bought more when I got home.

details on load?
Sorry, no load data. I was running factory loads. I stumbled in here curious about the performance of this bullet after I saw Mead’s client list and taking it out to distance the other day.

EDIT: I also did not get a chance to chrono their factory loads. I plan to very soon though.

Last edited:
I ended up only running 2 hundred of these then picked up a bunch of their 85’s. Have some tests lodes up for the 223 ai and planning on trying them in my 8 twist a22 arc, hopefully they will stabilize

I ended up only running 2 hundred of these then picked up a bunch of their 85’s. Have some tests lodes up for the 223 ai and planning on trying them in my 8 twist a22 arc, hopefully they will stabilize
How did they do?

waiting for me to shoot them
Hopefully I can get some time in the next few days to get them down range.

Reactions: Skint Back
Shot the meads today, I could probably tune either one to work, but I’ve got better results with similarly priced or cheaper bullets so I’ll probably stick with them. Everything was shot with varget. I’ll keep them on the shelf for the next barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 39
Shot the meads today, I could probably tune either one to work, but I’ve got better results with similarly priced or cheaper bullets so I’ll probably stick with them. Everything was shot with varget. I’ll keep them on the shelf for the next barrel.
Thanks for the update. I will hold off on those.