• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New A5 finally!!

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Well if you know me at all, you know I don't like plain looking stuff and I don't want my stuff to look like everyone else's. So with that in mind I decided to order my A-5 and make it look different. I am sure that someone has done this pattern before, but I don't see many.

At first when i pulled it out of the package, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But after installing CDI Precision bottom metal (thanks Jeff) it is really starting to grow on me and i am really diggin it!

Yellow to Orange to Red Flame (phoenix sunset)

100_0433.jpg

100_0435.jpg

and the two chunks together
100_0436.jpg

Re: New A5 finally!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That A-3 is really nice too. </div></div>

30calsniper (Todd Jackson) did the subtle flame for me.

thanks guys

after looking at the original pictures it looks like I need to go dust the top of that furniture!!!

it sure will blend on fire
Just joking very nice
Range report and Specs please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gol1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it sure will blend on fire
Just joking very nice
Range report and Specs please</div></div>

Trued 700 243 Ackley Improved
Jewell Trigger
Douglas #6 fluted 24" barrel
Seekins base and rings
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 NP-R1

Lowlight doesn't like 3 shot groups but it is the only one I have. I use this for shooting steel and was just curious what the accuracy was with the load I was shooting.
007.jpg

Very nice. The black of the metal sets it off great.
I run orange to black fades on my sillywet rifles, so it looks great to me!

Except for the color, that's about what I'm looking for. How much did it run you (price and wait)?

That is wild as hell. Jeff does great work on that bottom metal. Super fast too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Except for the color, that's about what I'm looking for. How much did it run you (price and wait)?</div></div>

Bought it through the 24hrcampfire holiday sale. i paid $700 for the stock as pictured. Then paid $284 to Jeff at CDI Precision for bottom metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oooh thats hott! FIIIIIIIII-YUH!!!</div></div>

I knew the firefighters would like it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lookin good bro!

I'm just pissed that you finished your 243ai before i did!</div></div>

It has been finished before, I had it in a B&C stock. I just needed to do this. But after talking to Brad, I might have to re-do my load work up. He has some pretty promising speeds with R17!!

i was pretty freakin worried about how it would turn out. You never know....but it keeps growing on me...