• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Ace Barrel and Center X Lot Numbers

Gjmen22

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2020
NE Ohio
So I recently received my new Vudoo V-22 from VGW and got out the other day to do some testing. Wow! this gun can shoot. I tested various lots of ammo and while the SK rifle match, SK Standard + and Eley Tenex lots tested pretty good, none of them tested nearly as good as the several different lots of Center X I tested. One lot of Center X was particularly good. At or under .20" CTC at 50 yards. My question is, since this barrel has only roughly 250 rounds thru it, do I buy up some of that lot number? I know Lupua states they want you to have 1000 rounds or more thru the barrel before you take it to the testing center. Does the barrel break in after 1000 rounds? Would it be a waste of money right now to buy this specific lot number because things may change after another 750 rounds thru it?

Thank you,
Gjmen22

Reactions: STex
Thanks guys for the input. Maybe I'll get 1/2 a case for right now. While I love the idea of going to the Lapua Test Center, I am a bit skeptical. The theory and idea of having a calibrated computer test lots for me in a controlled environment is great. But since so much of accuracy depends on the harmonics, I have a hard time believing a gun mounted in a stock would produce the same results as when it was mounted in a aluminum block and vice.

Thank you,
Gjmen22

As orkan stated buy as much of that lot you can
More than likely get better
If it was shooting 1/2” or bigger at that distance then no move on to another lot#
However I will state that the lot of centerX that shoots well in my mpr64
Will sometimes drop a round out of the group
Would say it’s the driver, but had others shoot it an same thing happened
Fell like this lot has a bad sd but hey it’s 22lr
Yote

So I recently received my new Vudoo V-22 from VGW and got out the other day to do some testing. Wow! this gun can shoot. I tested various lots of ammo and while the SK rifle match, SK Standard + and Eley Tenex lots tested pretty good, none of them tested nearly as good as the several different lots of Center X I tested. One lot of Center X was particularly good. At or under .20" CTC at 50 yards. My question is, since this barrel has only roughly 250 rounds thru it, do I buy up some of that lot number? I know Lupua states they want you to have 1000 rounds or more thru the barrel before you take it to the testing center. Does the barrel break in after 1000 rounds? Would it be a waste of money right now to buy this specific lot number because things may change after another 750 rounds thru it?

Thank you,
Gjmen22
Try it at 100 yards
See if it holds up
A lot of 22 shoot well at 50 yards
Got a RPR 22 that I hunt with at 50 yards dime size hole
But at 100 yards looks like a 410 shotgun

Thanks guys for the input. Maybe I'll get 1/2 a case for right now. While I love the idea of going to the Lapua Test Center, I am a bit skeptical. The theory and idea of having a calibrated computer test lots for me in a controlled environment is great. But since so much of accuracy depends on the harmonics, I have a hard time believing a gun mounted in a stock would produce the same results as when it was mounted in a aluminum block and vice.

Thank you,
Gjmen22
If you ask, they can clamp your stock to their bench and test it that way, instead of removing the BA from your stock and mounting it in a AL block, and clamping the block down into their bench. I had them test my rifle a couple of ways to compare results.

Also, I have a Vudoo coming very soon. Would you be willing to share the lot number you were referring to that shot so well? I would definitely appreciate it, but also understand if you want to keep that info to yourself.
Good Luck!

If you ask, they can clamp your stock to their bench and test it that way, instead of removing the BA from your stock and mounting it in a AL block, and clamping the block down into their bench. I had them test my rifle a couple of ways to compare results.

Also, I have a Vudoo coming very soon. Would you be willing to share the lot number you were referring to that shot so well? I would definitely appreciate it, but also understand if you want to keep that info to yourself.
Good Luck!
What did you notice between the two different forms of mounting the action? Can you share the data? Did you notice a difference between the two? Let me get a few bricks for myself and I will then let you know the lot number and where I bought it. :censored: However, no guarantee this will be as good in your barrel as it was in mine.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Well I hope you get rid of those 410 shotgun like groups with the Vudoo. :)
My annie MPR 64
An now Bergara b14r are fantastic shooters
B14r won the 22lr 100 yard match this weekend
The mpr64 has done it in the past
The ruger does well on tree rats out to 50yd an a lot easier to carry
The Vudoo will spend most of its time on the tactical match
Side note
2 fellow shooters testing centerX last found a lot# they could live with
1to 1 1/2”
At 210 yards
The spooky rifles can shoot

My annie MPR 64
An now Bergara b14r are fantastic shooters
B14r won the 22lr 100 yard match this weekend
The mpr64 has done it in the past
The ruger does well on tree rats out to 50yd an a lot easier to carry
The Vudoo will spend most of its time on the tactical match
Side note
2 fellow shooters testing centerX last found a lot# they could live with
1to 1 1/2”
At 210 yards
The spooky rifles can shoot

1 to 1 1/2" at 210 yards! Yeah, I could live with that.

I too have a MPR 64. Have mostly tested RWS R-50. What have you found your likes best? From my understanding the MPR does not have a match grade chamber so I'm not sure how great it will ever shoot. Sometimes I think about having it set back an inch and having it re-chambered. But at what point do you say enough is enough. Its only a 64 so how much money do you invest?

Gjmen22

I just had my rifle tested at the Lapua testing center for Midas+ and Center-X. All of their meaningful groups are all 10 shot groups. If the first 5 shots are horrid, they just skip to the next lot.

My best 10 shot group at 50m was .35" with Center-X
My best 10 shot group at 100m was .69" with Center-X

There were a few lots of Midas+ that came really close. And many many lots of Center-X that were horrble.

I saw someone else's results from a Sako Quad, and the Vudoo significantly shot better than it, which is good to know.

But I was surprised as I've been shooting 6x5's at 50yards and 100 yards, and I average a .232 or a .7" 6x5 with wind outdoors and shooting in prone. I thought the testing center results would be a lot smaller. But I guess when you shoot 10 round groups things have a lot more fluctuation. You could have 8 in a hole and then 1-2 flyers that just ruin the group size.

Reactions: Yoteman2
I will assume you converted those from mm outside to outside dimensions to inches center to center?

What did you notice between the two different forms of mounting the action? Can you share the data? Did you notice a difference between the two? Let me get a few bricks for myself and I will then let you know the lot number and where I bought it. :censored: However, no guarantee this will be as good in your barrel as it was in mine.
Generally, at 50m, the two setups (barreled action clamped into the bench and stock clamped into the bench) were comparable. I thought the clamp on the barrel might screw with the harmonics, but I did not see any significant differences in the data. The point is, when you take your rifle, they will work with you to test how you want to see the data. Also, for my rifle, they did not have an AL block to bolt the BA into. So, my choices were only two, the BA clamped on the barrel into the bench, and the stock. They do have Vudoo AL blocks, so that should not be an issue, but you might want to ask about the AL block for a V-22 when you call and make an appointment. Thanks for the offer to share the lot info, and I hope it shoots well in your rifle. I plan to buy samples from Good Shooting Inc. (best price on LCX anywhere), and see which the rifle likes, and then buy ~5 bricks to get me through the fall/winter.

Reactions: Gjmen22
I just had my rifle tested at the Lapua testing center for Midas+ and Center-X. All of their meaningful groups are all 10 shot groups. If the first 5 shots are horrid, they just skip to the next lot.

There were a few lots of Midas+ that came really close. And many many lots of Center-X that were horrble.

I saw someone else's results from a Sako Quad, and the Vudoo significantly shot better than it, which is good to know.

But I was surprised as I've been shooting 6x5's at 50yards and 100 yards, and I average a .232 or a .7" 6x5 with wind outdoors and shooting in prone. I thought the testing center results would be a lot smaller. But I guess when you shoot 10 round groups things have a lot more fluctuation. You could have 8 in a hole and then 1-2 flyers that just ruin the group size.
A suggestion, maybe next time you shoot a 6x5, add a 10 round group so you can compare those apples to your testing apples....

Reactions: littlepod
1 to 1 1/2" at 210 yards! Yeah, I could live with that.

I too have a MPR 64. Have mostly tested RWS R-50. What have you found your likes best? From my understanding the MPR does not have a match grade chamber so I'm not sure how great it will ever shoot. Sometimes I think about having it set back an inch and having it re-chambered. But at what point do you say enough is enough. Its only a 64 so how much money do you invest?

Gjmen22
Check out jb 6x5 thread
The old 100 yard one
A very very good lot of center x
Since that mojo lot gone
Have not been able to duplicate
However still winning with centerX an Midas + would like to try some rws
Got a stock pile of lapua to try in the Vudoo

Last edited:
I will assume you converted those from mm outside to outside dimensions to inches center to center?

Yep I converted I converted it -

Ammo# ShotsE-EC-C (inches)MOADHH - Mean
SK+ Standard Plus1020.860.60025984251.0484770774.57
Pistol Match Special1020.50.58608661421.0237206236.85
Midas+ 111015.060.37191338580.64962309993.88
Midas+ 111019.520.5475039370.95632805465.08
Midas+ 131015.060.37191338580.64962309994.32
Midas+ 131018.080.49081102360.85730223968.52
Center-X 31014.640.35537795280.62074057052.7
Center-X 31020.30.57821259841.0099670387.49
Center-X 31016.560.43096850390.75277499054.85
Center-X 41020.560.58844881891.0278466995.05