• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ACR + 500 rds = Range report .. (lots of pics)

Linkpimp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
So-Cal / OC Area
(Pause for dramatic oohhh, ahhss & Sucker!) Hahaaa

Hey team,
I just thought I would share with you the newest addition to the family, my Medusa SS 16M, her serial # is under (00055)

This is the basic version, it was purchased from Landworld and took them three weeks to deliver it!.. But it did come with the BB installed and the original mag as a parts kit.

Rifle gear (a great shop here is So-Cal) preformed the DROSS and of course handled it all with the upmost professionalism. Although I did find some new finger prints on it!.. Bastards.. jk.. But I did manage to pick up a few things while I was there as well.. Thanks guys..

Anyway on to the fun stuff.. Yes! She’s still got that new gun smell..

P.S.
I don't know why the upper is purple in the pics but I can tell you its all black..

IMG_6735.jpg

IMG_6738.jpg

IMG_6739.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6744.jpg

Re: New ACR + 500 rds = Range report .. (lots of pics)

Ok now lets try to disassemble her with only a 223 round and see what she looks like inside.

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

All one piece molded Polly

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

looking forward to the range report.

Here is my range report on my new ACR..

Got to the range at 9:00 am and left @ 3:30 pm, had the opportunity to let a few people try out my ARC as well as shoot well over 500 rounds through her..

(The GOOD!)
The Gun can shoot!.. DAM it's very accurate! I was able to bang the metal plates 300 yards without any issues at all.. I shoot in the prone, sitting, standing and bench, it’s way more accurate than my AR is.. The front hand guard never heated up, the Landworld BB worked GREAT and was / is very user friendly, liked the layout, the gun was comfortable to shoot and not one jam the whole day.. Overall the rifle shot as I would have expected it too.. Recoil was a lighter than my AR, but hey it’s a 223 not much recoil to begin with anyway..

The trigger was very smooth, all of the controls were very easy to work and its a really fun gun to shoot.. The best part was no more (twang) in my ear.. So long AR buffer spring!...

The (Bad!) or just plain reality depends on how you look at it?.
WOW I paid WAY to much for it!.. NOT worth the price at all.. I wanted to fall in love with it but I’m not!..

Bottom line:
The only, ONLY things that are really wrong with her / the ACR are the following:
1. She’s not a well balanced rifle, she is front heavy!..
2. The safety selector switch is CHEEP.. and is going to break within 1 year..

That it..
Me personally have just a different opinion on it. I paid 3k for it and she’s not worth it!.. So I’ll need to either get over it or get rid of it for a loss and suck it up as another life experience.. I just haven’t decided with route I’m going to do..

If I could do it over again I would get the SCAR.. Hands down..

Anyway thank you all for your time team, she a GREAT rifle, had a fun time shooting the piss out of her but only worth IMO no more, I say NO MORE than $2,200.00 again just IMPO. Man I really need to build a bridge and get over it.. HHahahahaaa..

P.S. (for what it worth)
The big problem was there was another gentlemen with a new SCAR and he had a FN 2000N.. (Bastard) hahahaa.. No.. He was really cool! and had some *****en cool toys with some TOP $$$ glass, it made my ACOG look like an Eotech.. Anyway after shooting the FN 2000 I had the opportunity to shoot the SCAR..

LOVED IT!... I’m defiantly getting one.. I don't know if I’ll sell my ACR for it (haven’t decided if I’m going to keep yet). But I’m defiantly getting a SCAR..

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

This is what I call shooting the piss out of your new rifle..

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

Ok so lets see if any damage accord during its first 500 rounds if any..

Nope!.. WOW she stayed really, really clean and no wear at all!.. COOL.. I don't have to clean her.. Hahahahaa.. That’s a first for me with an AR type rifle..

Thank you GAS system..

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

Ok team.. that’s my range report.. I hope it helped??

Have a great one everybody and thanks again for your time

Link..

Fun report and lots of good pics,Thanks!

What did you like about the SCAR so much ? Why so much more than the ACR ?

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fun report and lots of good pics,Thanks!

What did you like about the SCAR so much ? Why so much more than the ACR ?

Steve </div></div>

Thanks.. I’m glad you liked the report.

I just really liked the SCAR, it was fun to shoot, very well balanced, light, built well, had no recoil at all so excellent follow-up shoots, etc, etc.... if I had the opportunity to shoot both of them before getting one of them. I would have gotten the SCAR hands down..

Don't get me wrong the SCAR is not without it own faults too..
1. Been out for 3 years and still cant by parts for it (Big NO. nooo)
2. The bolt handle is recuperating (just watch your hands)

Don't get me wrong the ACR is fine rifle I just paid way to much for it and I’m holding a grudge.. Hahahaa

How much of a diff was felt recoil between the two? Im leaning toward the ACR today. Who knows about tomorrow LOL.

Not much at all.. The ACR kicks less my other AR's do and the SCAR kicks less than the ACR. Which is kinda funny because the ACR weighs more than the SCAR. Again its all personnel preference.. I'm a big guy 6 3" 220 lbs so to me the 223 in general really doesn’t kick.

Best of luck with your next purchase.. If you can get the ACR for under $2,200.00 It’s one hell of the rifle.. For what it worth.

Im a hair shorter and a little wider. 6'2" 240
grin.gif
Im interested in super fast follow up shots, thats why I ask. I have located a couple for around 2100. But I think I will hold out for tan. Too much black in my safe hehe. I think I lean towards the ACR because I already have an XCR. The XCR and SCAR seem so similer.

Hahaha..

Well (IMO) the SCAR is a Little (little) fast on the follow-upshots.. Of course this is So-Cal so rapid fire is only done when you cant get caught by the range master.. hahaha..

The XCR is GREAT gun or so I've read.. Congrads on that one..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is your gun purple? </div></div>

I don’t know.. in person it's black.. On the photo's its purple?? Cheep camera and I not a great photographer.

That should be a $999 gun.

Nice looking rifle but why on earth did they ever put a M4 barrel on these things? Not like you're going to mount an M203 on it and a lightweight barrel would make more sense.

CMS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That should be a $999 gun.
</div></div>

WHAT??? PLEASE.. This is well worth every penny of $2,200 IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rifle but why on earth did they ever put a M4 barrel on these things? Not like you're going to mount an M203 on it and a lightweight barrel would make more sense.

CMS </div></div>

Agreed.. it would defiantly help with the balance issue..

I was also on the wall about getting a SCAR but I was reading that the barrels will not be available for a while to make it an SBR. Do you know where I can get as honest range report as this one?

Any contact info available for LandWorld?

Agree. RifleGear is a neat little shop in Orange County, CA. Straight-forward inventory & great service.

Yeah I called FN earlier this month, they basically said they can't import any barrels in. They have to be part of a gun. Some of the weight reductions on the SCAR are the pencil thin barrels and the length of the rail system. I'm picking up an ACR not a SCAR the lack of parts and barrels deterred me from it and the reciprocating charging handle is ... :X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rev762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for your report on the ACR. </div></div>

Your more than welcome.. I hoped it helped..

Have a great one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharm762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know where I can get as honest range report as this one? </div></div>

Here you go..

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=42880

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=51587

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=51722

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckares</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any contact info available for LandWorld?
</div></div>

Here you go..
http://www.lanworldinc.com

Ask for Lorrie!.. She's the GREATEST..
TEL: 801-878-4880

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchu02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm picking up an ACR not a SCAR the lack of parts and barrels deterred me from it and the reciprocating charging handle is ... :X </div></div>

This is why I'm holding off on it.. no parts at all.. any gun smith can make a Barrel for it 400-500.00 should be about right. IMO the SCAR is a better weapon, but if you can get parts for it (well then..) My ACR is looking better all the time..

Have a great weekend..

Re: New ACR + 500 rds = Range report .. (lots of p

Thanks for the range report.

Sounds like I'll stick to my ARs for .223.

You can appreciate the progressive use of poly and how smooth the rifle operates though.

Great report on the ACR. I was very impressed with the feel of the SCAR at the store: it did not feel front end heavy like other piston systems I handled. Your report was good confirmation of this. Now the fact that you can't use aftermarket barrels with the SCAR kills it for me. A top-o-the-line match AR still rules the roost.

Plastic guns that cost MORE... Dupont is laughing their asses off at us...

Hey linkpimp! I've seen you over on ingo for your bad ass zombie painting of ammo cans!

Great range report! At the very least you have a great .223 rifle!

I skipped the Magpul back up sights that came with my ACR and put Troys on instead, but from your pics I'd say your back ups are on backwards???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That should be a $999 gun.
</div></div>
WHAT??? PLEASE.. This is well worth every penny of $2,200 IMO.
</div></div>
That is a thing, that if they want to move them, the price need to come down A LOT.
And it is already. Look at GB. There are like 50 listed (rare, for a new toy), and some of them now priced at $2100, they were at $2600 (by the same seller) a couple of months ago.

nice report great pics but you missed one i see a live round in your empty bin. i guess its back to the range to take care of that..

Looks good. The upper is anodized so that's why it has a slight purple hue. When the anodize solution gets old it tends to turn from black to purple. IT sometimes isn't obvious till you take pics if have it in weird light.

Kudos for using it..:)

Much heavier than I expected,probably 1/2lb more than the SCAR, seems like all of the weight is just in front of the magwell.

Neat rifle, and Im glad its working out for you. For the price though, Magpul and Bushmaster can sit on it and spin.

Nice but gun but its a little high for what it is I would pick the SCAR but the ACR is nice. Also are your BUIS on backwards?

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the range report.

Sounds like I'll stick to my ARs for .223.

You can appreciate the progressive use of poly and how smooth the rifle operates though. </div></div>

You're more than welcome Brasscow.. Yeah I wouldn’t rush out just yet, but it is a great gun if you can pick it up for under $2,200 IMO..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great report on the ACR. I was very impressed with the feel of the SCAR at the store: it did not feel front end heavy like other piston systems I handled. Your report was good confirmation of this. Now the fact that you can't use aftermarket barrels with the SCAR kills it for me. A top-o-the-line match AR still rules the roost. </div></div>

Cool at least you were able to confirm my thoughts too.. Hahhaa.

Well you cant import the SCAR barrel but you can have them made here thou.. I just don’t known about the parts?? can you get SCAR parts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turnandshoot4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey linkpimp! I've seen you over on ingo for your bad ass zombie painting of ammo cans!

Great range report! At the very least you have a great .223 rifle! </div></div>

Hahahaaa Small world isn’t sir.. Very cool.. Thanks for the shot out.. I'm glad you like the report it was a fun one to do and it is a fine rifle.. I just paid WAY to much for it.. Take care big guy and see you on INGO..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I skipped the Magpul back up sights that came with my ACR and put Troys on instead, but from your pics I'd say your back ups are on backwards??? </div></div>

Hey Saito.. Yep on the first set of pics they were.. Sorry.. I've swapped them back over now.. the Troys are COOL... but I cant spend anymore money on this rifle.. hahahaa..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice report great pics but you missed one i see a live round in your empty bin. i guess its back to the range to take care of that.. </div></div>

man you've got great eyes.. I had to re-look for that one.. I finally found it..

Thanks..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mopseydocks6014</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that looks better than the marketing pictures. </div></div>

Well I don’t know about that but hey thanks!.. I'll take the compliment any day..

Thank you..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. The upper is anodized so that's why it has a slight purple hue. When the anodize solution gets old it tends to turn from black to purple. IT sometimes isn't obvious till you take pics if have it in weird light.

Kudos for using it..:) </div></div>

Well it is #00053 so that might have something to do with it IDK.. again in person it's pretty black..

As the Kudos.. thanks... I do enjoy shooting it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bustin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Much heavier than I expected,probably 1/2lb more than the SCAR, seems like all of the weight is just in front of the magwell. </div></div>

Yep.. I thought it was 1 lbs heavier than the SCAR but IDK.. both are fine rifles, the SCAR is better balanced for sure thou..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the price though, Magpul and Bushmaster can sit on it and spin. </div></div>

I love that saying.. hahahaa thanks for the smile..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice but gun but its a little high for what it is I would pick the SCAR but the ACR is nice. Also are your BUIS on backwards?

Dustin </div></div>

Hey Dustin.. Yes... I'm a dork!.. I put them on backwards..

As for the costs.. well IMO this is a $2,200.00 NO MORE than that. The SCAR is a GREAT rilfe but I'm still not sure you can get parts for it?? that I dont know..

Thats true I know what you mean all that matters is that you are happy and enjoy it.

Dustin

All those pics are very helpful!