• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New action... new load??

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
So.... I have a rifle I'm pretty happy with. Well with the exception of the action.
So I was thinking of replacing it and transferring the barrel, scope, chassis etc onto the new action.
So... that being said will I need to work up a new load? Me thinks it's the same barrel so it might need a tweek, but nothing radical.
So... what say you guys?

Just double-check and see if it shoots as you would expect. The barrel makes the biggest difference, but there could be some minor variations from the new action/bolt, but probably not significant.

Reactions: TommyD11730
So…same tenon and threads on the new action? Same headspace? Or new tenon and new headspace? It’s more complicated, sometimes, than screw one off and the other on. Probably not a full work up but that could depend on how much has to be cut to make the barrel and new action go together.