• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New addition to my small collection.

Cheech

spiritus
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
TENUS
www.larosadesign.net
Turret arms built on a matched LRB mil-spec semi-auto upper/lower, 16" SS bull 1-9 twist, assorted Magpul accessories, mounted video camera. Base rifle purchased from Kelly Firearms, www.kellyfirearms.com, with an upgrade four rail and Magpul CTR. Steve Kelly is a great guy and his CS is second to none. Prices are great and if this little carbine shoots relative to the 24" it will be a "tac-driver".

16after-1.jpg

The new 16" Bull
24-3.jpg

The 24" Bull
both-4.jpg

Both Bulls

Re: New addition to my small collection.

Id be interested to know what kind of accuracy you will get out the 16 inch rifle. I have not had much luck with decent accuracy with the few ARs that I have tried with anything under 20 inch.

I have a 20" RRA varmint upper and a 16" Larue stealth sniper upper. I'm usually running a SS 1-4 on the Larue, but was shocked at the groups it could hold when I mounted up a good 6-24x scope on it. A well put together 16" can definitely shoot. I might be getting to the range this weekend so I'll post some groups in a new thread if i do.

Well, I finally had the chance to shoot this thing. It's a blast. It's a total different animal than than the 24". but it's definitely in the same family. Like the 24" It shoots better than I do. Right now it has a little fixed 4X scope on it that I originally bought for a .22lr build. Can't wait to get better glass. I installed RRA NM two stage triggers (that I got from a fellow Hide member), in both and what a difference they make.

After I put it on the paper I shot a nice little @3/4" x5 group at 125yds. I'll try to post a picture of the target When I get home later. Needless to say I love it. Great little rifle.

Cheers

Finnaly...Here's my first group with the 16" Bull. It was about 74F, 810' ASL. 5 kt wind L>R 1130cdt.Bi-pod and rear bag.

Shooting USAAMMO.COM reman. 55grn v-max

I love the AFG. It's a little cramped on the 16" with the short four rail, but still comfortable and makes a great hold. I understand that the AFG2 is shorter.

Cheers,
George

TgtGfx.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id be interested to know what kind of accuracy you will get out the 16 inch rifle. I have not had much luck with decent accuracy with the few ARs that I have tried with anything under 20 inch. </div></div>

A similarly setup 16" will be if anything more accurate than a 20" plus. What you lose out on is velocity which makes long distance shooting more of a challenge.

OP - very nice shooting there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id be interested to know what kind of accuracy you will get out the 16 inch rifle. I have not had much luck with decent accuracy with the few ARs that I have tried with anything under 20 inch. </div></div>

A similarly setup 16" will be if anything more accurate than a 20" plus. What you lose out on is velocity which makes long distance shooting more of a challenge.

<span style="font-weight: bold">OP - very nice shooting there.</span> </div></div>

Thanks, but it's not me it's the rifle...All I did was pull the trigger.lol