• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New addition to the safe

bcw1284

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Cheyenne, Wyoming
15a59750.jpg

Polytech m14

Came with a pile of mags and all the original accessories. Has the real brake too, not the simulated one some have.

Re: New addition to the safe

My favorite line is "New addition to the safe" Jeeeeeesh if I had a nickle for every time I said that I would be....................well ok not rich but.................

BTW....sweet snag on a peach of a stick!

Re: New addition to the safe

It shoots like a dream so far too. I took it out just for basic function testing and such, and was able to hit consistently off hand with the irons. I was shooting surplus 7.62 (Australian - FM stamped) at bottles and cans around 75 yards. Not very scientific I know, but it was just a shakedown run.

I think i'm going to drop it in a troy chassis, but we shall see. The wood on it is cheap feeling and the bakelite handguard rattles something fierce. If that's the worst thing I have to deal with from a chicom rifle, then i'm content.

Bare minimum it's going in a fiberglass stock and getting a sadlak mount. I think i'd be money ahead to use the troy since that provides an optics mounting solution integral to the chassis.

Opinions on what stock you guys prefer are welcome. I think a sage is a bit out of my price range though, and the JAE is far heavier than I like.