• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Aftermarket Marlin 60/70/795 Receiver - MCI

GunKnowledge

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Tempe, AZ
www.gunknowledge.com
Presenting the MCI Swordfish:

A Marlin 60/70/795 aftermarket receiver design.

Video of CAD model:

MCI Swordfish Receiver - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PnANakpBP0[/url]

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PnANakpBP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Style 1 -
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Standard .22 dovetail scope groove[*]Anti-glare receiver top strap[*]Marlin pin and hole dimensions[*]Marlin bolt stop design[*]Marlin Pinned barrel design[*]Compatible with either tube or box magazine fed[/list]

Marlin%2070%20Receiver%20Screenshot.jpg

Soon to come,

Style 2 -
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Picatinny scope mount[/list]

Style 3 -
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Picatinny scope mount[*]Threaded barrel recess[/list]

Style 4 -
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Picatinny scope mount[*]Threaded barrel recess[*]Left hand ejection port & charging handle[/list]

Pricing: Highly cost prohibitive, unless you want a custom one-off, in which case we shall CNC one for you.

Re: New Aftermarket Marlin 60/70/795 Receiver - MCI

And now,

Style 3

Same as Style 2, but eliminates the magazine tube slot and barrel pin, and replaces them with a 5/8 - 11 threaded barrel channel, for aftermarket barrels to be used.

I didn't want to shrink the barrel recess anymore, since its already fairly small, so I had to make this design a box magazine fed only variant, as the tube magazine placement would get too close to the barrel threads.

CAD Video of Style 3:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKX7Cn48u0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKX7Cn48u0[/url]

Marlin%2070%20Receiver%20Screenshot%20Style%203.jpg

Well everyone, thanks for all the ideas and feedback, if you like it let me know, if you think it won't float, let me know.

I'm humming right along since yesterday, finished up the bolt/charging handle/action sideplates/stock/ & barrel, so the mockup CAD model is starting to look like a rifle...

Hopefully by tomorrow I can blueprint the rest of the small parts...

Parts%20Assembly%201.jpg

I went with a benchrest style stock design, didn't worry about it too much, but I did take the time to duplicate the Marlin factory inletting, so this stock would be compatible with all other Marlin 70/700/7000/795 rifles, and stocks for those rifles would work on the MCI Swordfish.

Stock%20Wireframe.jpg

*Snipers Hide note, my posts are written along a different timeline, I did not have access to SH while working this project so the remarks about timing do not correlate*

Alrighty, well after due consideration and listening to others much appreciated input (mostly from RFC and ARFCOM), I have come to a few conclusions:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]The receiver is not a viable business opportunity, at least not at this time[*]Improved replacement stocks are a viable business opportunity, but Boyds is expected to fill that void soon by making the Marlin 60 Ross Thumbhole stock a regular item.[*]An extended magazine release is a viable product, which I am currently working on, with a rough concept shown below, it would be over twice the length of the miniscule factory magazine release tab.[*]A drop in trigger improvement would be great, but is currently inconceivable in how it could be compacted in about a .75 cubic inch space, in order to only replace the factory trigger and trigger guard, and give a mechanical advantage to the sear release bar.[/list]

Installation of this new mag release would involve action disassembly, removing the pin that holds the combined ejector bar/magazine release with the mag well, replacing the stamped metal part, and reassembling. Stay tuned for further development:

MCI%20Swordfish%20Mag%20Release%20Update%201.jpg

MCI%20Swordfish%20Mag%20Release%20Update%202.jpg