• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision *** New *** AGM Neith DS32-4MP Day/Night Vision Scope - Review

FuhQ

Unreconstructed
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Your Wife's Pussy
    Introducing the new AGM Neith DS32-4MP 2.5x-20x (8x Digital Zoom) Day/Night Scope.

Here are my first impressions after spending the last couple days with it, both Friday night around the house, and after mounting it, and taking it to the range and zeroing it yesterday while we had good weather. I have messed with other high-end (at the time) thermals and NV scopes in the past that belonged to other people, but this is my first actual personal purchase of anything NV/Thermal related.

I'm glad I waited, because technology has REALLY come a long way, and AGM just raised the bar in a HUGE way! This thing only costs $799, and it is the clearest NV I've looked thought, hands-down... Even though it gets a bit grainy on the top-end of the magnification range, it is still noticeably better than the most expensive NV scopes (on their clearest and best settings) that I'd looked through up to about 10 years ago. And it has WAY more menu and reticle options and color options than I've ever seen on one in the past. Up until the last few years, civilian NV/Thermal technology was extremely watered down, and the really good stuff would cost you as much as a new truck. So it was really out of the average person's monetary $$$ capabilities.

Just to clear up a couple of things that also confused me at first because I wasn't thinking clearly after a really long week at work. At first I was like WTF is going on, it won't go past 8x! I must be doing something wrong??? 🤷🏼 Then it finally hit me like a ton of bricks... The scope is a 2.5x to 20x magnification scope. But the digital zoom multiplies at 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x settings. The scope has a base magnification of 2.5x (at 1x digital zoom). Which means you take the base magnification (2.5x) at 1x digital zoom, and multiply every zoom setting by 2.5 to get your actual image magnification.

So, the mathematical breakdown of Digital Zoom Setting vs. Actual Image Magnification is:

1x = 2.5x
    2x = 5x
    4x = 10x
    8x = 20x

Here are the few cons I found after evaluating it:

1.) The only cons I can find (so far) is that I would really like to see the image quality tightened up in the higher magnification ranges for zeroing/sighting-in, especially on a black Shoot-N-See target. I had to use a spotting scope because I couldn't make out the precise location of my shots. But with a good clear high-magnification spotter/binos/scope handy, sighting it in was a breeze.

2.) The factory 18650 batteries they sent with it do not last very long at all, and only last a few hours with the "Smart-IR" feature on, and not putting it in "Standby Mode" in between shot strings.

3.) The Record button needs to be removed from the menu wheel, and recessed into the scope body as an independent button. It should be a Start/Stop record button that is recessed into the body of the scope, so it doesn't accidentally bet bumped and turned on. I set the rifle down on its side and every time I did, it turned on the recording because the button sticks out from the side, and got bumped. I think that part needs to be reevaluated and there should be an independent Record button on the top of the unit away from getting accidentally pushed.

In summation... I am extremely impressed with this unit for the price. There are a couple of things I would like to see tweaked, but overall, if you're wanting to get into the NV game for a really good price, or, you just need something relatively inexpensive for your "truck gun" that you tote around your property or woods, but don't want to drop thousands on a thermal, this would be a great option. And IMO, I haven't seen anything below twice this price that even comes close. AGM really knocked this one out of the park. I got mine from Midway USA, but there's plenty of other reputable AGM dealers out there, like EuroOptic.

IMG_3265.jpegIMG_3266.jpegIMG_3267.jpegIMG_3270.jpegIMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3293.jpeg
    IMG_3294.jpeg

Here's a [not so] quick YouTube video I made sitting it on a table-top tripod and overlooking the lake Friday night... More action and shooting videos to come.

I honestly hadn’t given NV a look until seeing the threads on the Arken and now this. I have thermal covered with my Rico MK1 640 and the new Pulsar Telos scanner, but thinking the Neith would be a cheap option for a back up/extra gun for friends.

My one hang up seems to be the IR light - doesn’t look strong enough to see well beyond 100. I know I can go with aftermarket IR lights but they look huge and clunky.

Last edited:
    Reactions: chad8369 and FuhQ
    I honestly hadn’t given NV a look until seeing the threads on the Arken and now this. I have thermal covered with my Rico MK1 640 and the new Pulsar Telos scanner, but thinking the Neith would be a cheap option for a back up/extra gun for friends.

My one hang up seems to the the IR light - doesn’t look strong enough to see well beyond 100. I know I can go with aftermarket IR lights but they look huge and clunky.
    This one did pretty good at distance, but not with supreme clarity. Maybe with a bigger/better aftermarket 850 light on my rig, it would clear things up far away. At 2-4x zoom (5-10x mag), you could definitely tell a person walking around no problem at at 500 yards. I mean, you couldn’t tell who it was, but you could definitely tell a person from an animal. I do plan on buying an AGM Sioux 850 IR light to mount on my rifle, so we’ll see if that helps anything after I order it and test it. I’ll definitely report back in this thread afterwards.

But mine is on a .300 BLK slinging 220 subs, so I don’t plan on shooting hogs or coyotes more than 200 yards tops with this setup. So it will be really great for what I need it for. My AGM Rattler TS50-640 Thermal showed up today, finally, so I’ll be able to test it at some really good distances in the coming weeks. It’s going on my Christensen MPR 16” 6mm ARC for coyotes and other predator hunting. Should be a pretty sweet setup.

This thread is for an open discussion and sharing. If anyone else buys one of these, feel free to share it, ask questions about it, and discuss it in here. 👍🏼

Reactions: waspocrew
    AGM Rattler TS50-640 showed up today after a weird series of shipping events. Box was perfect shape, so not sure WTF happened, but glad it’s here now. 👍🏼 I don’t like having that much money floating around in limbo not knowing where it’s at with no updates in days. 🤦🏼

I plan on starting a whole thread for it as well when I get time to mess with it.

IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3356.jpeg
    IMG_3358.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3361.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg

Reactions: aku
    I just realized I never posted any stills from the Neith...

Pontoon boat is about 200 yards with no lights on anywhere near it.

IMG_3273.jpeg

Neighbor's house is about 100 yards, obviously with lots of ambient lighting on it.

IMG_3277.jpeg

• Love
    Reactions: aku and Jgunner
    Have you had a chance to take any more pics from the Neith at longer distances? I'm very interested in seeing just how far you can go with it paired with a good external illuminator.

Reactions: aku and FuhQ
    Have you had a chance to take any more pics from the Neith at longer distances? I'm very interested in seeing just how far you can go with it paired with a good external illuminator.
    I haven't yet. Might get a chance to tomorrow during the day and night though if I go over to the property. There's a huge clear-cut where the timber company came in and did some cutting a few years back, where I can see 1,500+ yards if I look over across the other side of the creek... Good chance of seeing some critters out there, too. But we'll see. I also haven't gotten an external illuminator yet, but I do plan on getting one of the AGM Sioux 850 units to see.

If I do go, I'll bring the Rattler TS50-640 thermal, as well, and get some video and photos at distance with it.

Reactions: jcook119
    Threw the new AGM Rattler TS50-640 thermal on the @christensenarms MPR 6mm ARC and did a rough bore-sight. I'll zero it one day this weekend, maybe tomorrow or Sunday, depending on the weather, or if I get to go to the range. Looks right at home on there... 😏

Also, a very interesting tidbit, I am now even MORE impressed with the ARC M-Brace rings. I removed and reinstalled my XTR-III several times using my Fix-It-Sticks 55 in-lbs limiter and the scope was still dead-on zero each time. That gives me faith that I can swap from my XTR-III to my AGM Rattler TS50-640 for coyote hunting. 👍🏼

IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg

Last edited:
    New video is up with the AGM Neith NV scope shooting a life-sized steel deer @ 200 yards with the 16" .300 BLK and 220 subs.

No other folks still like NV as well as thermal? I think I'm gonna order another one of these, but the clip-on version, so I can run it on several other rifles that won't require me to remove the current optics. Plus, the clean magnification will be nice instead of using a digital zoom that gets super grainy when zoomed-in.

No other folks still like NV as well as thermal? I think I'm gonna order another one of these, but the clip-on version, so I can run it on several other rifles that won't require me to remove the current optics. Plus, the clean magnification will be nice instead of using a digital zoom that gets super grainy when zoomed-in.
    I’m interested in the AGM Neith due to price. Wish it had range finder capabilities. I’m curious when others start receiving the Arken how it will stack up to the Neith

I’m interested in the AGM Neith due to price. Wish it had range finder capabilities. I’m curious when others start receiving the Arken how it will stack up to the Neith
    Having owned quite a few Arken scopes for the last several years, they will impress you at first, then you'll realize that they're only impressive for the money. Not trying to talk shit about Arken, just one of the reasons why I no longer recommend them to folks. Plus, I got burned twice on new releases, and had to send both of my EP series scopes in for replacement immediately upon arrival, after first time out to the range. CS was excellent and never questioned it, or gave me any hassle. It's just one of those "fool me a 3rd time, then I must be an idiot", and that's not happening.

The Neith does have a stadiametric rangefinding system. It's not super precise like a true LRF, but it can get you pretty damn close.

It would be nice if they did implement an LRF feature that showed your drops on the reticle like the Arken unit does. That would be a nice upgrade for the Neith. I'd pay $1,000 for one that has that feature.

Yeah, I understood. You included information about the thermal in this thread. I'm interested and I appreciate it.
    Gotcha, just wanted to clarify, since I didn't know if you were thinking the thermal was only $800. The Rattlers are about $3,800 on Amazon right now. EuroOptic has them for the same price. The only reason I bought mine on Amazon, was because they were running them on Black Friday sale for $3,225 and nobody could touch that price within several hundred bucks, so 🤷🏼...Otherwise, I'd have ordered from Euro, like I do most of my high-priced optics.

Reactions: DIBBS
    Is this Neith the version that can clip-on as well? I stumbled across the clip on Neith and it's pretty intriguing. I need to get something figured out so I can get out at night but don't have the budget right now for thermal that's worth a damn.

Reactions: FuhQ
    Is this Neith the version that can clip-on as well? I stumbled across the clip on Neith and it's pretty intriguing. I need to get something figured out so I can get out at night but don't have the budget right now for thermal that's worth a damn.
    Yes, and no. They make a clip-on version that doesn’t have magnification, I believe (since your scope has magnification). Might have to call AGM to find out for sure on that, but their website doesn’t say anything about magnification on the clip-on version…

thanks for the review, those pictures are solid! What makes the clip-on Neith cost less than the standalone unit? That seems backwards to me. How does it do as a day optic?

thanks for the review, those pictures are solid! What makes the clip-on Neith cost less than the standalone unit? That seems backwards to me. How does it do as a day optic?
    The clip-on costs more than the scope by $100. I'm honestly not sure why, but I might call AGM tomorrow and find out. I have been curious to know the differences in the features of the clip-on vs. the scope, because I do want to get one of the clip-ons to swap around between several of my rifles that I don't want to remove the daytime optics on. Being able to simply convert to night mode without re-zeroing would be exceptional.

The clip-on costs more than the scope by $100. I'm honestly not sure why, but I might call AGM tomorrow and find out. I have been curious to know the differences in the features of the clip-on vs. the scope, because I do want to get one of the clip-ons to swap around between several of my rifles that I don't want to remove the daytime optics on. Being able to simply convert to night mode without re-zeroing would be exceptional.
    I typo'd that, that's what I meant to say. I would expect the standalone to cost more. I wonder if there's an image quality improvement or something in the clip-on since it isn't magnifying?

How is the latency with the Neith? Digital NV seems to be maturing. I assume the clip-on has a higher refresh rate (hz).

I typo'd that, that's what I meant to say. I would expect the standalone to cost more. I wonder if there's an image quality improvement or something in the clip-on since it isn't magnifying?
    I'll contact them one day this week, and find out what the scoop is on it. I hope my suspicions are correct, in that it does not have any digital zoom, and it allows you to use the scope's optical magnification to zoom in, which will help keep image quality MUCH higher than zooming-in digitally on a pixelated screen. Digital zoom only allows so far in the private sector without it costing a fortune, so if I can get better clarity while zooming in with my LPVO's and a clip-on, then I'll be happy to pay that extra $100. LOL

Reactions: UpSideDown
    How is the latency with the Neith? Digital NV seems to be maturing. I assume the clip-on has a higher refresh rate (hz).
    It's got a slight bit of trailing pixelation when moving the scope around really quickly, but it corrects very quickly once you slow it down and get on target. As for things moving across the screen vs. moving the scope around, the images on the screen have virtually zero latency if the scope is remaining still. So, it's very nice for the money, IMO. Like you said, private sector NV is getting really affordable for high quality units. I'm glad to see this, as well.

I will find out more about the clip-on version one day this week, when I call AGM and talk to them. I'm very interested in the clip-on version for easily swapping it on & off multiple rifles. Or allowing someone else to go night hunting with you that doesn't have NV or thermal, but now they can use their own weapon that they're comfortable with. Quick & easy on/off.

Didn't have a chance to call today, work got busy as hell, but I'll try to call tomorrow. It's supposed to be wet and rainy anyway, so construction will be slow, so I should have time.

Looking at these....why is there a price difference between the scope version and the clipon version? If you get one are you able to use it as both?

Looking at these....why is there a price difference between the scope version and the clipon version? If you get one are you able to use it as both?
    Don't know... And to my knowledge and from what I can gather, no, they are what they are. The scope is a scope, the clip-on is a clip-on.

Alright… I called AGM today. The Neith clip-on is the exact same as the scope, except it does not have the reticle built into it, and it does not have any magnification…It’s just a fixed magnification. And also, he said image quality should be really clear up until about 5-6x on your scope.

So, I’ll probably end up ordering one just to play around with on some other scopes.

Alright… I called AGM today. The Neith clip-on is the exact same as the scope, except it does not have the reticle built into it, and it does not have any magnification…It’s just a fixed magnification. And also, he said image quality should be really clear up until about 5-6x on your scope.

So, I’ll probably end up ordering one just to play around with on some other scopes.
    I’m going to hopefully check one out at SHOT and have some questions answered. Would love to pair one with my razor 1-6 on my 6 arc.

I'm curious to see what AGM turns out in the NV department at SHOT '24 next week... I wonder if they're going to be dropping anything new.

Reactions: godofthunder
    New video is up with the AGM Rattler TS50-640 thermal scope on the 16" Christensen Arms MPR 6mm ARC shooting @ 200 yards.

Reactions: JulianD
    AGM decided to quietly release a Neith LRF scope and clip-on at SHOT today…

They are already for sale at Classic Firearms. I have NOT seen them for sale at any other reputable online retailer yet. I may, or may not have ordered a clip-on just incase they weren’t supposed to sell them just yet... But it took my card, and shows up as processing the order, so I have a good feeling it will ship today or tomorrow. 😉

IMG_4216.jpeg

It shipped! Email came through at 5:41pm! 😂👍🏼

So, I guess we have an answer. If you want a new Neith LRF the same day they’re debuting at SHOT Show, you can get them from CF. 👍🏼

Reactions: godofthunder
    Is there a way to add an eye piece to the clipon to use it as a dedicated optic? I believe some of their other units do something like this

Is there a way to add an eye piece to the clipon to use it as a dedicated optic? I believe some of their other units do something like this
    No, but they do make a scope version if you want a dedicated optic. You would NOT want the clip-on as an optic, as it does not have any reticles or magnification built into it. It's designed to use your scope's reticles and magnification. That's why it's a clip-on.

They did drop a Neith LRF today that has the laser range finder built into it. Which is the clip-on I just bought. They have a scope version, as well.

Specs on the website...

Last edited:
    No, but they do make a scope version if you want a dedicated optic. You would NOT want this as an optic, as it does not have any reticles or magnification built into it. It's designed to use your scope's reticles and magnification. That's why it's a clip-on.

They did drop a Neith LRF today that has the laser range finder built into it. Which is the clip-on I just bought. They have a scope version, as well.

Specs on the website...

Did you see if they mentioned if it also has a ballistic solver or just a range finder? I didn’t see anything when I looked

Did you see if they mentioned if it also has a ballistic solver or just a range finder? I didn’t see anything when I looked
    I just bought the clip-on, which doesn't have any reticles or magnification built into it. It uses the scope's reticle and magnification. It's just simply a NV unit that goes over the end. But I don't know about the scope version, whether it has a ballistic solver, or not.

That would be a question for AGM. Give them a call tomorrow. They're nice folks and very helpful.

Reactions: jetjock07
    I just bought the clip-on, which doesn't have any reticles or magnification built into it. It uses the scope's reticle and magnification. It's just simply a NV unit that goes over the end. But I don't know about the scope version, whether it has a ballistic solver, or not.

That would be a question for AGM. Give them a call tomorrow. They're nice folks and very helpful.
    Yeah I knew clip on wouldn’t have that but didn’t know if you might have saw something regarding the scope. Yeah I’ll give them a shout and see. Hopefully there will be some in depth videos coming out soon.

Last edited:
    Reactions: woogie_man
    Weather is shit this weekend, storming all morning, and supposed to tomorrow, too. That kind of kills this weekend of being able to take it out to the range and review it. But maybe next weekend, or if I can get a day after work to drive over to the property and get some footage.