• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AI 2014 MC

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Hi Guys ,

Just want to see how long this post stays UP , some one posted pics of the massive cuts into the new quick change AI multicaliber actions , there is a large " I " section milled out of the bottom of the action , in essence 3 large cuts , very deep , 1/2 way thru vertically .

As soon as guys started expressing concerns about the loss of strenght & the design becoming less soldier proof , and that multical was really BS in the real world ( ie soldiers will not carry a rifle & 2x spare barrels & bolts on deployment , and possibly losing the allen key bolt or crossthreading the barrel or rubbish getting into this cut ) , the thread disappeared ?

To be clear , I own 5x AI rifles , and love them , at this stage , I like the new right folding stock , the new AX alloy bipod , for me is a 50/50 , not loving it or hating it , just neutral , RE the quick change feature , the 3 large cuts in the action & the principle of multicals , I Donot like at all .

I do like getting the AT/AW at a cheaper price .

I just wish they multical grab screw/cut action feature was OPTIONAL , ie special order , as to leave OUT 3 milling operations in manufacture , would be smiple & cheap to do .

I wished the new AI bipod for the AX series would have been a more modern rendition of the old WWII Russian DP machinegun bipod , due to the tube design foreend etc .

Later Chris

No experience with the new stuff, just curious from an engineering stand point why the new MC action is weaker or less soldier proof? Until proven otherwise AI has my full trust. I'm sure the design was geeked by engineers and analyzed with software before any prototypes were made. There was probably a fair amount of T&E and evolution of the prototypes before going into full production. AI doesn't strike me as a company that will jeopardize their reputation in a rush to market.

As for soldiers using the full suite on deployment, do you mean deployment or mission? Some snipers take four (4) complete rifle systems and supporting gear on deployment. On individual missions I've heard of secondary rifles stashed in a nearby LTATV. So the full "PSR" kit would be used on deployment and it's not unthinkable for more than one caliber to end up on a single mission.

Last edited:
The removal had nothing to do with what was said, and was removed because of the image.

When AI saw it they asked me to remove it as the rifles technically had not hit the street.

The merit of the system you are welcome to debate all you like.