• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AI AE MKlll, what to expect with FGMM?

Mike407

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2012
Orlando, Florida
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new (to me) AI AE MKlll. I plan to use 175 FGMM ammo as well as handloads. I understand that this rifle should shoot well if I do my part. I'm wondering what type of accuracy I should see, again if I'm doing my part, using the FGMM ammo. Anyone out there have this and use this ammo?

It's not quite the same, but very similar: my AW prefers the FGMM 7.62 175 gr over the FGMM .308 win 175 gr and shot it about 75 fps faster, much to my dismay. Either way, you bought a hammer.

It's not quite the same, but very similar: my AW prefers the FGMM 7.62 175 gr over the FGMM .308 win 175 gr and shot it about 75 fps faster, much to my dismay. Either way, you bought a hammer.

That's good to hear. I have the 7.62 FGMM as well. I've had better results with it overall in my other .308. Good thing I bought some a while back when I could!

Good one Graham! I'm hoping it will like the FGMM. I can always work up a hand load for it, but really want to be able to use the factory stuff and have it perform well.

My Mk III liked the 7.62 FGMM/175 too. 2680fps out of the 24" 1-12 twist.:eek:

Mike,

Buy a case of 175FGMM: No worries.
If any factory match ammo doesn't shoot bugholes at 100 you have a gun problem.

Rifle should be here tomorrow! I guess I'll find out for myself this weekend or Monday at the long shoot! Can't wait

Trying to post a picture for the first time. Hope this works.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 20
In my experience, the average accuracy with AEs and FGMM has been around 1/2 MOA. The UK barrels really like the 168gr stuff. It was not uncommon to see single, ragged holes with either weight, but especially with the 168gr stuff.

Beautiful rifle!!! same mine same color. I used nightforce unimount 1.25" scope rings for 5x24x50 scope.

Have funn!!!

The AE MK III I used to have would shoot about .5 MOA at 100 with factory Fed. Its going to shoot well in most any quality gun.

I shot a demo rifle AI the other day using 168 fgmm. You won't be disappointed. Wish I could figure out how to post the pic.