• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AI Seekins DBM install question????

Heat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2008
Southern Ohio
Just got one in and got my T4A back from Manners with the new inlet job. I put the barreled action in the stock and tightened the actions screws and when I tried to seat the mag it stops solid before it catches. I looked in from the bottom of the mag well and I can see about and 1/8" of the action hanging over the front edge of the bottom metal and a "nub" hanging over the back edge. Does the bottom of the action have to be cut or "opened up" to make these dbms work? Is this typical? I didn't have any install instructions and I tried to call Seekins before they left today with no luck. The reason I'm asking is because it's supposed to go to the gunsmith in the morning.

c6ef7c18.jpg

Thanks,
Heat

Re: New AI Seekins DBM install question????

Its hitting in the back edge, Some Remington need a shaving and some dont. The Gen2 i will move the mag well forward about .01" You can either trim the nub a little bit (even a file would work) or we will replace it for you with the new version if you choose.

Excellent. Thanks Glen. If that's all that needs done I'm not worried about it. I just thought it be a Drop in kinda thing I just wasn't sure if something was wrong. Btw that dbm is slick. I have one of your WSM ones on my .300 wsm and it runs like a champ. If I run into any problems I'll get ahold of you.

Thanks again.

I'm going to have to have some references first.....
wink.gif

Are y'all talking about removing steel or stock material to allow the mag to fit?
Has the issue been corrected on the DBM assemblies that are available now?

I sent a new DBM assembly and my T stock to Manners last week for the inletting job, so I'm hoping everything will be functional when it gets back.

Hey man I've got a Dremel and a new, big bottle of scotch. Run by the house and we'll get this taken care of.

BTW, I knew you'd have that stock hogged out before you took it to John.
smile.gif

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are y'all talking about removing steel or stock material to allow the mag to fit?
Has the issue been corrected on the DBM assemblies that are available now?

I sent a new DBM assembly and my T stock to Manners last week for the inletting job, so I'm hoping everything will be functional when it gets back.

</div></div>

Anybody?

I had the same problem with my Stiller TAC30. Unfortunately I thought it was my fault, and I played with pillar height for the better part of two days.

In the end, I trimmed the receiver with a Dremel.