• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AIAE MKII

sniper307

Lieutenant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2005
louisiana
Guys I just picked up my new AIAE MKII 2.0 folder, BARTLEIN upgrade (oh yeah) from my FFL before lunch. Great rifle. Love it. The folks at MILE HIGH SHOOTING were great to deal with and super friendly. i highly recommend them to anyone interested. now, I have a couple of questions. Since the AI manual is kinda vague on things, here goes my list of questions. If I was to need to take the action out of the chassis, what are the correct torque values when I re-assemble. I looked in the manual but did not see. maybe i am blind. Second, I purchased the AI one piece mount for my S&B. It is the 18 MOA model. By looking at it, I cant distinguish where the cant is built in, so I am kinda wondering whether the tightening screws go on the right or the left side of the rifle. I also see that there is a small recoil lug on bottom of mount. If I mount it forward, it puts bolts on left, and vice versa. I have looked at many pictures of other AI's and all seem to have the bolts on the left. I presume this is correct, but just wanted clarification. AI could provide the user/owner with a little more info. lol.

Also, any tips and tricks you may have? This is my first AI rifle, I have used the chassis before.

Re: New AIAE MKII

Congratulations on your newest purchase. I am stashing for one of those next.

I believe that the reason you don't see torque values is that AI epoxies their actions into the chassis...it is not removable by the customer. It's meant to be glued in for the life of the gun.

Hello Sir,
Congrats on the purchase and thank you first off.

On the mount, the side mounting screws will be on the left side of the action, opposite of the ejection port. Top cap screws torque to 18 inch lbs, the x3 side mounting screws are 31 inch lbs.

The manual is truly an "End Users Manual", which will not cover "armorer's level" maintenance. For the action coming out of the chassis, I highly recommend you contact myself for some information. Otherwise, we recommend customers attend one of our AI Armorer's Courses offered throughout the year in several locations and I will update those here periodically.

Good questions and glad to see you are asking before proceeding.

Stacey can you also shed some light on the trigger adjustment , if i decide it needs it.