• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Alpha Munitions OCD 22 Creedmoor is bonkers!

Alpha Munitions has taken brass manufacturing to an entirely new place. If they had stock, I'd go broke buying it right now.

So, I tried to kill a piece. I mean, all brass can be loaded hot enough to fail, right?

I put 47gr of H4350 into the case on top a CCI-450. This put powder heaping above the case mouth. I carefully put it in the press and gently put a 75gr ELD-M on top of it, and guided it into the die. I crushed it in there with such force that the seating stem gouged the bullet. The seating depth was way off... because of crunching a full neck of powder. I ended up being jammed into the lands about 60 thousandths and had to pound the bolt closed.

Here's what that shot chrono'd:
dH0j8nLh.jpg

Here's what the case looked like when I ejected it. It didn't even come out hard.
WjBRxbYh.jpg

i would love to try some in the next decade.

shame.
no 300WM or 300PRC listed

Greg, did you by chance measure any of this stuff, in water, for case capacity? I've heard Alpha's brass is on the thick side and has a little less case capacity than the others.

Greg, did you by chance measure any of this stuff, in water, for case capacity? I've heard Alpha's brass is on the thick side and has a little less case capacity than the others.
Didn't measure this batch... but if you search back to my previous test batch... I did measure that.

Based on case fill with a 41.5gr charge... I'd say this stuff is right on with other offerings. Very close.

Reactions: DIBBS
Looks like you may have been able to get a double w/one shot! ;)

My current dilema is 22 Creedmoor, or 22-250 AI which I'm set to load for.

I'll probably order a pre-fit barrel before too long. Thanks for sharing the video.

Forgive my ignorance, but is all new Alpha brass now the "OCD" stuff? On their web site, only a few of the cartridges say anything about "OCD" in their description, and 22 Creed is not one of them. Are they just behind in updating it?

Also, @orkan am I missing something? Your post is about 22 Creed, but your over pressure case head picture (post 3) shows a 6.

Forgive my ignorance, but is all new Alpha brass now the "OCD" stuff? On their web site, only a few of the cartridges say anything about "OCD" in their description, and 22 Creed is not one of them. Are they just behind in updating it?

Also, @orkan am I missing something? Your post is about 22 Creed, but your over pressure case head picture (post 3) shows a 6.

I believe they are in the process of developing more OCD brass for the Creedmoor family, as you can see his 22 Creedmoor brass is marked 6 Creedmoor.

Half gone!

nope, 2/3 gone. 16 left. Right. Now.