• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New alternative to Paypal

match308

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2005
DFW Tx
Just found out about Chase Quickpay. One party needs a Chase account. Its free fast and safe. I just used it for the 1st time and its fast.
Paypal and Gunpal can suck it.

Re: New alternative to Paypal

2-5 days is very fast by my standards, but hey it is free.

I was under the impression the second party had to have there account qualified through quickpay. I did one transaction that way but it took 2-3 days and Chase ran a test transaction through my account first that I had to confirm. No biggie if you are all ready set up with Chase but seemed like a lot of hoops to jump through for someone who isn't. Probably harmless but it is one more enity with access to your banking.

After seeing this:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMdH7y0yJfA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMdH7y0yJfA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I won't be doing any business with JP Morgan Chase any time soon. But it is still probably better than paypal.

Wow,

After watching that link, I won't deny riot-inciting urges come to mind. Can think of a few ways to deal with them, for what they've done.

A deeper scare though, is if they had done this to 4,200 members of the military, how many civilians have they done this to?

The link only gives a very small portion of the story. It was never discussed if any or all of those 4500 (and 18) were late or missed payments. In my book, we really should hear the whole story. If you don't make your payments, then you do deserve some fees. In addition, I am in the military and get paid on the 1st and 15th, so do those folks. They haven't lost their jobs, so I don't see any excuse they might have for missing payment.

This is just to give a different side of the story.

GearPay went down right after I got a payment from a member here. Email to them was non contact, then their page went into 'construction' mode. I now have for at least three years, an amount of $150 locked in their hands which I have pursued since then. They shall have a small suprise awaitng them when they reopen though. I have a few plans for that day.

You mean if you don't make the payments, the bank may foreclose?

If that were true, people would be forced to make the payments.

That would be unfair to people who do not have a job.

I know I don't want to work. I just want to stay home and watch TV.