• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New ammo on the market 50-60$ for 10 rounds

It only takes one well placed projectile to accomplish your task regardless of your situation...

It only takes one well placed projectile to accomplish your task regardless of your situation...

I think that is the problem.

The video didn't include anyone hitting the target even remotely close to center. At that distance, especially with a long gun, you should be able to close your eyes and still hit black. I think the shot pulls itself one way or the other during the initial spread.

This is just technology before its time.

It's nice to see new tech come out, but I see little to no value in this evolution of ammo.

It's nice to see new tech come out, but I see little to no value in this evolution of ammo.

Shotgun ammo with a finite and easily controlled spread? You honestly don't see any value to that?

When you are shooting someone, you want ALL shot on target. If your target is 16 yards away then you'll probably group around 16 inches, bigger than most people. Your group can be large enough that, even though you hit your target, all vital organs were miraculously missed. Especially with the "random" distribution of shot.

Also, this technology seemed to have some extreme spread in short range. I would love to have a shotgun that would group 12" @ 12" and stay that same 12"@ 6 yards. My aim just slightly off? Still put enough pellets on target to stop the home invader.

Then you have squirrel and other small game with "bird shot" (this would be way down the evolution). I have actually hit all around a squirrel (same shot) and didn't put enough pellets in it to kill it. With this technology's evolution you can design a shell that will spread in a very controlled way as to minimize this. It could be a perfect (round) grid.

Yea, there might be very little need for the exact stage of the evolution but there is a lot of promise in the evolution.

00 buck hits 9 times with 1 shot. If your spread results in less than 4 projectiles on target from a shotgun aimed at center mass, you might be outside of a "self defense" range. I cant imagine the ballistics of 4 chunks of lead, flying around all willy nilly on their tethers, would be ideal for any thing beyond self defens ranges.

Dunno though. I did buy a Tony Little Gazelle, so my judgment is suspect.

00 buck hits 9 times with 1 shot.

Yea, it does hit 9 times with one shot if your aim is true. In "normal" self defense range (7 yard?) the shot only spreads about an inch a yard. So if your aim was slightly off right arm, you missed all vital organs.

With the extreme spread of this projectile, it seems it would reach its full spread at at that distance. Your shot would then hit some vital areas.

Also, "normal" self defense range doesn't include LE or Mil type applications. I figured that would be the main market for this technology after it progresses (mainly because the government looks at ways to spend an outrageous amount on things).

Why are all the tests on paper? What about actual tissue or at least gel? What about barrier load? His "hostage" shot would not have stopped that guy.

I guarantee the military will not buy this.

Looks very useful for hunting purposes. Not having to worry about setting the right choke/ammo for the hunt or being limited by distance/spread. But like they say, a new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows.