• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New and looking for scope recommendations

Tech me something. What the hell is an f class/bench rest scope? I thought scopes were scopes. 🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

No. High power small tube like this are for f class. They don’t have the internal adjustment you want for long range shooting and anything over 30 power isn’t useful for prs style shooting or shooting past 1k.

They also have 1/8 adjustment moa turrets or .01 mil which are for fine tuning that type of shooting and not practical for prs style shooting either. Why you only see 1/4 or .1mil on the scopes you’ve been looking at.

Objective to body is also important for hunting scopes and light gathering. There are absolutely certain scopes geared more towards certain disciplines.

Reactions: Maflynn06
No. High power small tube like this are for f class. They don’t have the internal adjustment you want for long range shooting and anything over 30 power isn’t useful for prs style shooting or shooting past 1k.

They also have 1/8 adjustment moa turrets or .01 mil which are for fine tuning that type of shooting and not practical for prs style shooting either. Why you only see 1/4 or .1mil on the scopes you’ve been looking at.

Objective to body is also important for hunting scopes and light gathering. There are absolutely certain scopes geared more towards certain disciplines.

Great explanation, thank you.

Thoughts of Kahles scopes. Not mentioned yet vs. S&B, Nightforce and Swaro

All three of those are better than kahles. Don’t reinvent the wheel on companies with the longest standing history of delivering quality.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ

Not only would I buy any of those 3 long before I’d buy another Kahles, but I’d probably buy an Arken or a Strike Eagle too.

Kahles are so overpriced for what they are, don’t have the best track record for reliability, and the parallax on the elevation turret is fucking stupid.

Reactions: Scopeye
Not only would I buy any of those 3 long before I’d buy another Kahles, but I’d probably buy an Arken or a Strike Eagle too.

Kahles are so overpriced for what they are, don’t have the best track record for reliability, and the parallax on the elevation turret is fucking stupid.
I really thought you were anti Chinese. Those Arken and Vortex scopes aren't the most reliable Chinese choices when it comes to Chinese made optics and probably closer to the very bottom in regards to reliability.

I agree that Kahles is overpriced for what you get.

I really thought you were anti Chinese. Those Arken and Vortex scopes aren't the most reliable Chinese choices when it comes to Chinese made optics and probably closer to the very bottom in regards to reliability.

I agree that Kahles is overpriced for what you get.

Of course you completely missed my point, not surprised.

I love my Kahles scopes. Seems a lot of folks here hate on them, but have yet to try the newest generation of them with upgraded glass and reticles. I highly recommend them. They are definitely alpha-tier scopes, especially if someone wants to claim S&B is.

All three of those are better than kahles. Don’t reinvent the wheel on companies with the longest standing history of delivering quality.
🤣😂🤣 You obviously have no clue who actually invented the riflescope as we know it today… It certainly wasn’t S&B, Leopold, NF, ZCO, or TT…

IMG_2377.jpeg

Last edited:
Neither do you, Kahles didn’t invent the riflescope either. Riflescopes were used in the civil war which happened before 1898 😂
I never said they invented the riflescope…I said “as we know it” (you know, adjustable magnification). So, you might want to work on your reading comprehension, so to don’t look like a fucking retard just to argue. 😉👍🏼

I’ll just throw it out there that I was pretty pleased with my Kahles k525i. I picked it up new while Mile High was running a promo for $2500 or $2600. At that price point new (less used), I think Kahles is generally competitive. That Kahles is not on the same playing field as my Tangent or ZCOs though.

To the OP, I’d say the $2500 budget is just pecking at the edge of grabbing a used ZCO527, which is a true alpha currently. I’ve seen a few go for sub $3000 in the PX recently. If $2,500 is a hard line, I’d probably look at a Gen 3 Razor, or potentially a used 7-35 ATACR.

In the beginning, you won’t know what you don’t know. So buy popular models used, and it’ll be easy to sell down the road & you’ll be out little to nothing.

Reactions: FuhQ
Because of the weight, I have ruled out 34mm scope tubes. My understanding it doesn't improve the image quality, just the range of adjustment. And I am liking the FFP and MOA. Please, when you throw out a recommendation for a High end scope include the tube dia and the FP., maybe even the weight.

AND, the pissing contests are getting old.

bsekf

: It would be FFP and MOA same as you. Preferrably a scope on the lighter side to hunt and some moderate long range shooting around 500-600 yds. So if I had my choice a 30 mm tube would likely be it with illumination.