• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New annealing machine from Australia

sinister

Rifle Pointer
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2002
Midland, Georgia
Don't know anything about them, but carried on Amazon. Looks like some nice features:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FNXG46L

Annealer_jpg-2243696.JPG

Last edited:
Rather support Annealeez and for cheaper too.
This. Looks like a knock off of Anal eez to me.

Also, not having any type of gripping surface on the rollers is going to not spin the case effectively and will mostly just slip.

Also, not having any type of gripping surface on the rollers is going to not spin the case effectively and will mostly just slip.
According to the description, "The wheels are also nickel coated with natural diamond grit for a permanent nonslip coating." That's actually kind of a nice feature.

Reactions: Hegre
yeah, its not japanese...

further into the video, it says that if you buy one in australia you get one assembled in australia, if you buy on in other countries you get one assembled in china.

heres a snip from an advert elsewhere

The Ugly Annealer (patent pending) is a simple and reliable gas annealer built with solid materials.

This version is designed in Australia and assembled in Australia using a mix of Australian/China/Taiwan sourced parts. It is covered by a lifetime warranty and receives full Australian support.

Reactions: sinister
definitely check out ep 2.0 annealer.. super easy to use & adjusts from 300blk to 50bmg without having to add or remove any parts & adjusts in second

www.epintegrations.com

...I have this and couldn't be happier with my purchase, thanks Elfster (y) ...after using it on 300BLK, 223, 6ARC & 308 cases, my pre-conceived thoughts that I "needed" some kind of casing auto-feed system has been dispelled, I'm not doing commercial level bulk processing :rolleyes: but I can go thru 300 cases in a matter of minutes. Sometimes we think we need something, but in actual practice find out otherwise...

...I have this and couldn't be happier with my purchase, thanks Elfster (y) ...after using it on 300BLK, 223, 6ARC & 308 cases, my pre-conceived thoughts that I "needed" some kind of casing auto-feed system has been dispelled, I'm not doing commercial level bulk processing :rolleyes: but I can go thru 300 cases in a matter of minutes. Sometimes we think we need something, but in actual practice find out otherwise...
coming from someone that had an annealer with a hopper & the EP 2.0, it took too much screwing around going from cartridge to cartridge & ya still need to pick up the brass and orientate the brass in the right direction into the hopper = I'll take the crazy fast adjustment from cartridge to cartridge without having to add or remove any parts any day with the EP 2.0. The KISS method on the ep 2.0 is where it's at 100%

Rather support Annealeez and for cheaper too.

My experience is that Annealeez needs to work on their customer service, until that's fixed, I'd be fine with the Amazon purchase.

I tried contacting them a couple times about a brass bridging issue and they won't reply.

coming from someone that had an annealer with a hopper & the EP 2.0, it took too much screwing around going from cartridge to cartridge & ya still need to pick up the brass and orientate the brass in the right direction into the hopper = I'll take the crazy fast adjustment from cartridge to cartridge without having to add or remove any parts any day with the EP 2.0. The KISS method on the ep 2.0 is where it's at 100%
Excuse my senior brain, but I think you are indicating that you like the EP 2.0? I am looking into annealing a lot of Lapua 308 and few other calibers in smaller numbers.Is this annealer able to add calibers like 348Winchester?
thanks!

I’m sure the boss man will chime in soon , but it appears to me the ep 2.0 will do anything in between 300 BO and 50 BMG . Rimmed or rimless.

Excuse my senior brain, but I think you are indicating that you like the EP 2.0? I am looking into annealing a lot of Lapua 308 and few other calibers in smaller numbers.Is this annealer able to add calibers like 348Winchester?
thanks!
This video will answer all questions. Rimmed or rimless. 300blk to 50bmg without having to add or remove any parts & adjust from cartridge to cartridge in 30 seconds or less. I designed this without a hopper for a reason. The KISS method. This is how I anneal with the www.epintegrations.com ep 2.0 annealer using the glow method in the video link here:

Reactions: Spicerack
Looks great Elfster but personally I'd like a larger feed ramp so I can load up a bunch of brass and watch it go as I do something else. The ease of adjustment is super appealing but I rarely go from one caliber to another in an evening.

I currently have the Annealeez and while it's been great vs. the home-brew method (electric screwdriver, socket, etc...), it does have its flaws. It's not unusual for me to process 500 casings or more in an evening. I've loaded up the feed ramp on the Annealeez and had it dump cartridges that haven't gone through the annealing process, into the annealed bin. Not fun picking those out. The wheels aren't impervious to heat either. A small adjustment mistake or bump has you melting parts.

The ugly annealer looks to have improved upon the Annealeez in several areas I find appealing. Might have to give it a whirl.

Looks great Elfster but personally I'd like a larger feed ramp so I can load up a bunch of brass and watch it go as I do something else. The ease of adjustment is super appealing but I rarely go from one caliber to another in an evening.

I currently have the Annealeez and while it's been great vs. the home-brew method (electric screwdriver, socket, etc...), it does have its flaws. It's not unusual for me to process 500 casings or more in an evening. I've loaded up the feed ramp on the Annealeez and had it dump cartridges that haven't gone through the annealing process, into the annealed bin. Not fun picking those out. The wheels aren't impervious to heat either. A small adjustment mistake or bump has you melting parts.

The ugly annealer looks to have improved upon the Annealeez in several areas I find appealing. Might have to give it a whirl.
It's all good. I get it that some want a hopper.

I've owned and even reviewed the most popular "annealer with a hopper" and used it extensively. I just got sick of swapping out wheels and screwing around with the lockdown torch head. It just got old & ended up using my old 1.0 DIY annealer and ended up selling the "hopper annealer" (not to name names). My thoughts are, if you need to pick up, and orientate the brass in a particular direction, and place each piece of brass in a hopper with possible bridging issues, whats the difference that feeding a single feed fence. It's a flame based annealer, its not like you can just load up the hopper, walk away, and go mow the lawn if you really think about it. You still need to sit there and watch it run = why I'll take the speed of adjustment hands down.

But with that said, why have a hopper when you can have a case feeder where you can throw handfuls of brass into a bin and let the machine truly feed an EP 2.0 annealer. Not sure when this EP 2.0 case feeder adapter will hit the website but it's something we are working on with eagle eye shooting BUT to be honest, if you reload 200pcs at a time, in my opinion, you do not even need it. Takes 10minutes to do 100pcs. Here is the case feeder protype to rule all hoppers....

It's all good. I get it that some want a hopper.

I've owned and even reviewed the most popular "annealer with a hopper" and used it extensively. I just got sick of swapping out wheels and screwing around with the lockdown torch head. It just got old & ended up using my old 1.0 DIY annealer and ended up selling the "hopper annealer" (not to name names). My thoughts are, if you need to pick up, and orientate the brass in a particular direction, and place each piece of brass in a hopper with possible bridging issues, whats the difference that feeding a single feed fence. It's a flame based annealer, its not like you can just load up the hopper, walk away, and go mow the lawn if you really think about it. You still need to sit there and watch it run = why I'll take the speed of adjustment hands down.

But with that said, why have a hopper when you can have a case feeder where you can throw handfuls of brass into a bin and let the machine truly feed an EP 2.0 annealer. Not sure when this EP 2.0 case feeder adapter will hit the website but it's something we are working on with eagle eye shooting BUT to be honest, if you reload 200pcs at a time, in my opinion, you do not even need it. Takes 10minutes to do 100pcs. Here is the case feeder protype to rule all hoppers....

Very nice! I'll look into it when it becomes available.

In the meantime, I purchased one of the Ugly Annealers and I have to say, I'm impressed. Really does solve a lot of the issues that come up with the Annealeez. Setup didn't take too long and changing the wheel is actually quite easy, a 10 second affair. Everything is of high quality and the overall footprint isn't that different from the Annealeez other than it being slightly taller. The wheels are extremely grippy so no issues there and everything on the flame side is metal.

Amazon managed to drop my box a few dozen times and unfortunately it partially broke the top rpm adjustment knob along with the on/off switch which was a toggle on my unit. I could just order a new switch and wire it in but Amazon has a great replacement policy so I went that route. I would have lived with and likely replaced the knob but didn't discover the on/off switch issue until I had it together. I will say that despite the damage, it was well-packed and came with a nice set of instructions along with a digital link to a startup and use video. It even came with a few extra screws, c clips and springs in a plastic case if something were to break or get lost in the future.

Other than that, it uses the thinner style propane bottles and if you intend to use anything else, just use a flexible extension hose. It does NOT come with a torch head either. I have an extension hose on the way and it should make it very easy to get that perfect alignment between the case and flame head.

Prior to full assembly, next to the Annealeez for size comparison.

Reactions: a.12 and Terp
thanks!

if you think the EP 2.0 annealer is crazy fast & adjustable, the EP lockdown block is just as fast & adjustable. Once you use the block, you'll wish you got one a long time ago. Can either "lockdown" your casings if you want, or feather it off a little bit to easily add/remove the casings.
check it out here:

Last edited:
I took a look. Very nicely machined aluminum parts.

I'm still not clear on how to exploit the "locking" feature concept?

When/how would the having the cases locked into the loading block be an advantage?

Reactions: elfster1234
I took a look. Very nicely machined aluminum parts.

I'm still not clear on how to exploit the "locking" feature concept?

When/how would the having the cases locked into the loading block be an advantage?
For dropping powder. I usually lock mine down when dropping from my fx120i auto trickler & then feather off when seating bullets. Case barely moves if any when dropping powder. Add the weight with the rubber feet = cases just don't move at all.

The big take away is really,,, it works on any casing from just under 223 and just over .375 cheytac and adjusts in 1 second. No more hunting down the perfect reloading tray especially for rimmed cases. It's just perfect all the time.