• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Anschutz 1761 MSR and 1761 HB MPR

Asared

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2019
These look nice https://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=106&sprache=1

1761 MSR

1761 MSR.jpg

Technical data sheet
arrow_down.gif
All technical data
Total length (cm):​
95​
Total weight (kg):​
4.0​
Barreled Action
Bolt throw :​
60​
Locking:​
Three locking lug mechanism​
Finsih of the reciever:​
QPQ-Coating​
Trigger
Type:​
Druckpunktabzug 5061 Light​
Version:​
right​
Color of the trigger shoe:​
Silver​
Safety:​
Sliding safety catch​
Trigger weight, adjusted (g):​
300​
Adjustment of the trigger weight (mm):​
250 - 450​
Barrel
Material:​
Steel​
Finish:​
blued​
Caliber:​
.22 l.r.​
Length of twist (mm):​
420​
Number of grooves:​
8​
Muzzle diameter (mm):​
22​
Barrel length (mm):​
544​
Sight set
Stock
Aluminuim grooved rail on the lower side:​
yes​
right​
Length of stock (mm):​
780​
Weight (g):​
1900​
Walnut​
Stippled checkering:​
yes​
Stock type:​
MS R​
Stock finish:​
laquered​
Butt plate:​
Rubber butt plate​
Length of pull (mm):​
330​
Prepared for claming element:​
yes​

1761 HB MPR

1761 HB MPR.jpg

Technical data sheet
arrow_down.gif
All technical data

Total length (cm):​
97​
Total weight (kg):​
3.5​
Barreled Action
Bolt throw :​
60​
Locking:​
Three locking lug mechanism​
Finsih of the reciever:​
QPQ-Coating​
Trigger
Type:​
Druckpunktabzug 5061 Light​
right​
Color of the trigger shoe:​
Silver​
Safety:​
Sliding safety catch​
Trigger weight, adjusted (g):​
300​
Adjustment of the trigger weight (mm):​
250 - 450​
Barrel
Steel​
Finish:​
blued​
Caliber:​
.22 l.r.​
Length of twist (mm):​
420​
Number of grooves:​
8​
Muzzle diameter (mm):​
22​
Barrel length (mm):​
544​
Sight set
Stock
Aluminuim grooved rail on the lower side:​
yes​
right​
Length of stock (mm):​
760​
Weight (g):​
1500​
Hardwood​
Stippled checkering:​
yes​
Stock type:​
MP R​
Stock finish:​
gebeizt​
Butt plate:​
Rubber butt plate​
Length of pull (mm):​
360​
Prepared for claming element:​
yes​

Last edited:
Reactions: Merlin O
Not 64 or 54, totally new action. I've read they are round on top with flat bottoms. Price looks decent for a new Anschutz! I'll be looking forward to reading some reviews, hopefully they will pop up soon.

Reactions: Merlin O
Improved and stiffer replacement for the 64 action...? A CZ 457 comparable action (or better) 3 lug bolt, comes with a great trigger and a superb barrel.... Looks like a really nice overall stock configuration for playing on the MSR version too. Looks like the trigger starts a 10.5 oz and goes to ~1lb. The trigger shows to also come in a 2 stage version...

I doubt the price will come off MSRP much if any.... Anschutz is getting/staying really proud of their products.

Last edited:
Those features look great. The mag release is a huge improvement. Two things I wish Anschutz would have done, the first is adopt the swept bolt handle like the 54 actions and two someone should be bitch slapped for cutting the threads 1/2x20.

How would those compare with the Bergerara 14R action ?

someone should be bitch slapped for cutting the threads 1/2x20.

You know what? I'm not even mad.

They had their chance. Americans have been begging them for a "tactical-style" repeater with a 1/2x28 threaded barrel for over a decade. They turned their noses up at us every chance they got. They give us watered down 54's repeaters and We wanted a 54.18 MSR on a proper 54 MATCH action with a threaded barrel (on both ends) and a good composite stock option for it, like a McM A3A or something.

They ignored us.

@Zermatt Arms Was listening. They were listening to EVERYTHING we were asking for. They didn't ignore us.

Europeans don't have to build products for us when our own American companies step up.

Waiting for people to start complaining about the "keel" like they do on the Tikka. LOL

You know what? I'm not even mad.

They had their chance. Americans have been begging them for a "tactical-style" repeater with a 1/2x28 threaded barrel for over a decade. They turned their noses up at us every chance they got. They give us watered down 54's repeaters and We wanted a 54.18 MSR on a proper 54 MATCH action with a threaded barrel (on both ends) and a good composite stock option for it, like a McM A3A or something.

They ignored us.

@Zermatt Arms Was listening. They were listening to EVERYTHING we were asking for. They didn't ignore us.

Europeans don't have to build products for us when our own American companies step up.

That’s actually really interesting, I didn’t think there was another player in town on the 700 22lr footprint than Vudoo and Bergara. I would certainly go for the Zermatt if it performs as advertised and get a prefit shouldered barrel from one of the many vendors.

Reactions: nakoa01
Anschutz makes really nice rifles. They are the Mercedes class of production firearms - not the hand built Bugatti Chiron.

Keep it apples to apples and they are a value. Just my .02.... (y)

Anschutz makes really nice rifles. They are the Mercedes class of production firearms - not the hand built Bugatti Chiron.

Keep it apples to apples and they are a value. Just my .02.... (y)

A RimX action in a basic chassis is going to set a guy back about $2500.

A 54 action (non-match) repeater from anschutz is right in the same ballpark price.

Looks like apples to apples to me.

Going with the Anschutz 54 as what your referring to - you are probably able to get into a baseline custom 700 footprint for less than you could do a "comparable" Anschutz. An Anschutz 1712 Silhouette (54 action repeater) is around $2,100.00. Street price on a A 1761 -the focus of this thread - will probably be ~ $1,300.00. Maybe a little more.

Anschutz NA has them listed at an "introductory" price of just under $1600. I would expect that to increase after the "introductory" price is over.

Allow me to share my feelings.

Even still, if this model is suppose to be in the "not as good" category when compared to full 54's, as its price would indicate... and the 54's are plagued with ejection issues as it is, I'm failing to see why someone would go for this rather than a Bergara B14R at a significant cost savings for what is arguably a lot more rifle. That's just how I feel about it. I've owned at least a dozen annies... and they are cool, sure. I still have a couple 54.18's. Yet all but maybe 2 of those many rifles had various extraction/ejection issues.

Anschutz hurt my feelings. ;) You'll have to pardon me for being a little bitter with the long standing well-established companies that were in a position to satisfy this demand long before now, but refused to listen because they are hard headed. Anschutz could have taken the precision rimfire market by storm if they would have listened to those that were contacting them a decade ago. I emailed them. I talked to them at SHOT show. I talked to their north american guys when that started up. They wanted to do it their way.

The way I see it, the CZ 457's and Tikka T1X's bring up the bottom end of the spectrum with some really solid offerings. Bergara will take the mid range and Zermatt will take the high end. Come back to this thread in a couple years and try to tell me I'm wrong. I don't need a crystal ball to see how this one is going to play out.

I'm still gonna buy a fortner someday. It would be easier if I could get one in a McMillan or Manners... but I'll still buy one eventually. I still think annies are cool... but as for the competition 22lr game in this country, the boys from Germany missed the boat big time. Lucky for them, the world is a big place.

Excellent. Thank You. Consider my Wheaties as having been thoroughly pissed in. I have been living a lie until today.

I now hate Anschutz - as you do. I am going to my room and ponder my worthless existence. ;)

Anschutz unless someone drove over it , will in terms of accuracy eat most of RF competiton like its nobodys bussines straight out of the box. But these days custom RF actions are quite a nice option .

On the other hand unless you feed the premium guns at least somewhat premium match ammo , you are quite far off their potential . If you want to shoot cheap shit stick with CZ or TIkka , i have tunnel tested number of guns in past decade both in Eley and Lapua factory tunnels and also had a chance to do extensive tunnel test on both SK and Lapua ammo in repeaters and single shot Anschutz and the difference in groups due to ammo grades is considerable.

Anschutz unless someone drove over it , will in terms of accuracy eat most of RF competiton like its nobodys bussines out of the box. But these days custom RF actions are quite a nice option . On the other hand unless you feed the premium guns at least somewhat premium match ammo , you are quite far of their potential . If you want to shoot cheap shit stick with CZ or TIkka , i have tunnel tested number of guns both in Eley and Lapua factory tunnels and also had a chance to do extensive tunnel test on both SK and Lapua ammo in repeaters and single shot Anschutz and the difference in groups due to ammo grades is considerable.

My annie 54.18 MSR is one of my most prize possessions. I do love my workhorse rimfires... but there is certainly something special about an Anschutz from a bygone era. If I was a 64 action fan... I'd be looking to trade up into this new offering.

For flatout precision accuracy (IR50/50 targets) my 1813 followed by my 1710 and 1712 are the best I have. I will say that I have not shot the B-14R nor the IBI barreled T1x at a IR50-50 target yet. But, from the groups I have been getting I don't believe they will be far behind if any. It really boils down to what you want to accomplish and how much money is needed to get there.

For all I know the 1761 may be the jack of all trades and a master at two or three of them. It has a lot of good features but in the end I really can't see it being any better than my $855 Bergara B-14R. Having said all the above....I'd still like to have one. :)

Reactions: nakoa01 and JKW70
My annie 54.18 MSR is one of my most prize possessions. I do love my workhorse rimfires... but there is certainly something special about an Anschutz from a bygone era. If I was a 64 action fan... I'd be looking to trade up into this new offering.
Umm...that doesn't sound right to me. You wouldn't be trying to jerk a few chains would you? :unsure::)

Action was presented last year on IWA so its in production for a year so no now and honestly having handled it its not any better than 64 its just tailored for quick caliber change , i am actualy not a fan of quick change barrel systems used in RF actions lately , most designs are not beneficial to accuracy ,not by a long shot.

Don't get me wrong 3 lug bolt and reciever seem to be at least as good as 64 if not better but quick change barrel is not.

bild.php5

At present i woudn't realy bet on this new action being an improvment.

Last edited:
No. The 64 is similarly priced... but I like the feature set of this new action quite a lot more than the 64's. Time will tell... but I expect this new one will be a bit better.
Ok, I was thinking you were being a little sarcastic and saying you were going to trade up using your 54.18 MSR. I certainly wouldn't consider that a trade up. That would be two trades down in my book.

Looks like a more expensive CZ 457.

I’ll stick to my guns on this one.

Those features look great. The mag release is a huge improvement. Two things I wish Anschutz would have done, the first is adopt the swept bolt handle like the 54 actions and two someone should be bitch slapped for cutting the threads 1/2x20.

you are aware all of the threaded models that are coming into the US are threaded 1/2x28? The first run of threaded guns were 1/2x20 but haven’t been that for at least 3 years

you are aware all of the threaded models that are coming into the US are threaded 1/2x28? The first run of threaded guns were 1/2x20 but haven’t been that for at least 3 years
Well shit, Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen!

Action was presented last year on IWA so its in production for a year so no now and honestly having handled it its not any better than 64 its just tailored for quick caliber change , i am actualy not a fan of quick change barrel systems used in RF actions lately , most designs are not beneficial to accuracy ,not by a long shot.

Don't get me wrong 3 lug bolt and reciever seem to be at least as good as 64 if not better but quick change barrel is not.

bild.php5

At present i woudn't realy bet on this new action being an improvment.

That was my very first thought! I hope they figured out a concrete way to fasten that barrel!

I handled these at ShotShow. Not bad, not great. I do like most of the improvements.

Fortner - what an awesome action, LOVE mine !!!!

That was my very first thought! I hope they figured out a concrete way to fasten that barrel!

I handled these at ShotShow. Not bad, not great. I do like most of the improvements.

Fortner - what an awesome action, LOVE mine !!!!

Its actualy much better system than that used in CZ , here there are two U pieces with set screws that act like a clamp on the barrel groove but still ,i am not a fan of such systems . I would greatly prefer the reciever to be threaded.

Rest , like the bolt and reciver , are definetly a step up. Its a stout reciever design , three lug mid bolt locking, lugs seem to have both closing and extraction cam cut on the lugs ,cocking should be smoother due to roller on the cocking piece but is not that much due to smaller bolt and shorter bolt handle.

bolt-detail-2.jpg

receiver.jpg

action-and-barrel-detail-1761.jpg

Last edited:
Its actualy much better system than that used in CZ , here there are two U pieces with set screws that act like a clamp on the barrel groove but still ,i am not a fan of such systems . I would greatly prefer the reciever to be threaded.

Rest , like the bolt and reciver , are definetly a step up. Its a stout reciever design , three lug mid bolt locking, lugs seem to have both closing and extraction cam cut on the lugs ,cocking should be smoother due to roller on the cocking piece but is not that much due to smaller bolt and shorter bolt handle.

bolt-detail-2.jpg

receiver.jpg

action-and-barrel-detail-1761.jpg

If I had the extra money I'd try one out just for the fun of it. It is a beefy action.

If we look at Sako M10 and all the other barrel change models from other manufacturers, the barrels attach well enough that they can be used for world records.

And this is only rimfire, granted it is a rather strange animal in regards to accuracy potential.

In 10-20 years most rifle models that are sold could be quick-changeable. Do not be afraid.

Reactions: Atanasius
If we look at Sako M10 and all the other barrel change models from other manufacturers, the barrels attach well enough that they can be used for world records.

And this is only rimfire, granted it is a rather strange animal in regards to accuracy potential.

In 10-20 years most rifle models that are sold could be quick-changeable. Do not be afraid.

In centerfires the barrel change like on M10 is done far more robust , lugs are on the barrel and reciever itself is clamped , on rimfires , its often done with a simple setscrew into a butchered up skiny section of the barrel.

CZ drop in barrel , doesnt look too structuraly sound does it.

1583921711043.jpeg
WEBBreech__70106.1563484998.jpg

There are bad designs, not going to argue over it. But correctly implemented you lose nothing, so why not take it.

But even the CZs with those barrels can make good groups. (I guess?)

Anschutz NA has them listed at an "introductory" price of just under $1600. I would expect that to increase after the "introductory" price is over.

Allow me to share my feelings.

Even still, if this model is suppose to be in the "not as good" category when compared to full 54's, as its price would indicate... and the 54's are plagued with ejection issues as it is, I'm failing to see why someone would go for this rather than a Bergara B14R at a significant cost savings for what is arguably a lot more rifle. That's just how I feel about it. I've owned at least a dozen annies... and they are cool, sure. I still have a couple 54.18's. Yet all but maybe 2 of those many rifles had various extraction/ejection issues.

Anschutz hurt my feelings. ;) You'll have to pardon me for being a little bitter with the long standing well-established companies that were in a position to satisfy this demand long before now, but refused to listen because they are hard headed. Anschutz could have taken the precision rimfire market by storm if they would have listened to those that were contacting them a decade ago. I emailed them. I talked to them at SHOT show. I talked to their north american guys when that started up. They wanted to do it their way.

The way I see it, the CZ 457's and Tikka T1X's bring up the bottom end of the spectrum with some really solid offerings. Bergara will take the mid range and Zermatt will take the high end. Come back to this thread in a couple years and try to tell me I'm wrong. I don't need a crystal ball to see how this one is going to play out.

I'm still gonna buy a fortner someday. It would be easier if I could get one in a McMillan or Manners... but I'll still buy one eventually. I still think annies are cool... but as for the competition 22lr game in this country, the boys from Germany missed the boat big time. Lucky for them, the world is a big place.
Zermatt take the high end? Lets see if a Zermatt can outshoot a Vudoo.

Zermatt take the high end? Lets see if a Zermatt can outshoot a Vudoo.

Won't that be hard to prove? Aren't you are pretty much building a custom rifle with either one, you buy the receiver then pick the barrel, trigger and stock?

It appears to me that the accuracy debate is going to come down to ammo, barrels. and the builders skill. Not to mention the monkey driving.

Chevy or Ford? Blonds or red heads?

Reactions: rick137
Could have fooled me. Every time zermatt is mentioned in any thread... some fanboy has to show up and start trying to shit on them.

That doesn't seem "not worried." lol
Orkan:

You are the fanboy. Why do you care what anybody else says or buys? I do not.

My post was in response to your statement "Bergara will take the mid range and Zermatt will take the high end. "

Zermatt may share the high end with Vudoo but, in my opinion, will not dominate it. A prediction that's all. Might eventuate might not. Not shitting on Zermatt in any way, shape or form. I presume Zermatt will produce a fine product and may have features that the Vudoo V22 doesn't have. And those features may be of prime importance to some people. Buy what you want or more accurately, buy what you want and can afford. As to which has the best accuracy the post by @1badDart is right-on, with the monkey driving being the deciding factor.

I am fortunate to own Vudoos and Annies, including a 1727F. If I want a Zermatt I will buy one. Then I will have one more rifle to shoot poorly.

One thing that baffles me somewhat is why Voodoo is using cut rifled Bartlein barrles , in rimfire BR these have never been popular and in top shoots all run button rifled and hand taper laped barrels Muller ,Shilen,Broughton . True Voodoo is not presently used for such disciplines altough i hear they are developing a single shoot action.

I thought I read in the Vudoo thread that one of them shot the smallest group of any brand yet, that was in the Lapua test facility??? That's going off memory so....

What I have read on the matter, cut rifled should be better. It stresses the metal less.

The problem arises when the cut rifled barrel is not finished well enough.

Better in centerfires . In rimfire with waxed lead bullet that has not been the case.

One thing that baffles me somewhat is why Voodoo is using cut rifled Bartlein barrles , in rimfire BR these have never been popular and in top shoots all run button rifled and hand taper laped barrels Muller ,Shilen,Broughton . True Voodoo is not presently used for such disciplines altough i hear they are developing a single shoot action.
Given Vudoo's track record to date I predict they will use what they consider the best barrel possible, be it cut rifled or button rifled, hand tapered lapped or not. Mike Bush thinks outside the box so possible will not be any of the above options.

Have any of these hit the "real" market yet? I NEED to have one....

Yes I know what I said the previous post.... :sneaky: