• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New APA/Patriot Arms Badger .308

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
Well I got out and tested a couple of different loads today with my new APA (aka, Patriot Arms) 308win. I am very pleased with the way the rifle is shooting. It shoots about any 168grn SMK load that I put in it with great results.

Specs;
Badger Ordnance Short Action
Schnieder USMC Spec Barrel finished @ 24"
ACIS 2.0 stock with AW mags
Jewel trigger
S&B 4-16x50 P4F
Badger 34mm USMC rings

DSC_0007.jpg

5 shots of 168grn Federal Gold Medal @ 100yards...
DSC_0004.jpg

5 shots with 168grn SMK over 42.9grns of IMR 4064 & Fed 210m @ 100 yards
DSC_0006-1.jpg

5 shots with my old .308 standby load... 168grn SMK over 41.4grns of IMR 4064 & Fed 210m @ 100 yards
DSC_0003-1.jpg

I guess the old standby wins this one. Enough of the load development crap, time to "Just Shut Up and Shoot" and have some fun with this stick!!

Thanks to David and Jered for another great rifle!!!

Oneshot

Re: New APA Badger .308

My new BO build should be shipping pretty soon from GAP, I can't wait...

Nice looking rifle!

Very sweet looking rifle man,nice shooting,strech those legs out though!

Man, makes me excited for my rifle. Should be ready at GAP any day now. Very good shooting!!

Shawn

Awesome weapon and again, you shot consistently small...

good to go, you show off APA rifles well...

Not sure what I am going to do to the skins yet JRose, if anything. I have been considering a multicam approach. Maybe a film dip or even having Jeromy paint them for me.

I kind of like the simple look.

Oneshot

Multicam would be cool. Or if you like the simple look just do another solid color that goes with the barreled action. The green skins on FDE just looks a little odd (to me).

That rifle is one of the finest I've seen in a while. And knowing its an APA means a guaranteed shooter. Great stick, PM sent.