• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AR Build

Stpilot12

Killed a guy with a Trident...
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2012
Northern Crappyfornia
Hey all.. Just finishing up a new SPR type AR build. First off, Im not claiming this to be a "Mark"-anything, I just like the SPR concept and set out to build my own version. It came out pretty sweet! I've been shooting it for a few weeks now, shoots REALLY well. Everything I've put thru has shot well, even wolf and Tula. Man its fun to shoot! My first Geissele trigger, Fast!! Easy to get on target and VERY accurate. GMM and Fiocchi 69SMK's shooting .4-.5 @2800fps. I've taken it out to about 575 now and its lights OUT! I've only got about 750rds through it, most of that has been SMK's. I'll probably use it for varmints from time to time. Still thinking about some other gizmos to mount, maybe an inforce WML, probably go without a bipod, I like to shoot off a back pack or a bag. I haven't decided if I'm gonna leave it plain FDE or add some Duracoat accent colors, maybe multi-medium green and multi-dark brown.

Specs:
Black Rain Upper/Lower/BCG
WOA Wylde 18" 1/7 mid length gas
SureFire Brake
Geissele SSA-E
Troy Alpha rail
Magpul ACS Stock
Leupold Mark AR 3x9 TMR-Firedot
Larue 10 MOA QD Mount
Magpul BUIS
Cerakote FDE finish (so far)

Thanks for looking! (yes, its really dirty and a bit greasy in the pictures… Im not gonna clean it for a few thousand rounds…)

TEP_0796.jpg
TEP_0779.jpg
TEP_0807.jpg

Let it Rain...

Last edited:
Nice rifle. Now I have to ask will you be shooting this rifle or just taking pics? Those sure are some fancy photographs.

Very nice build pilot. That's what it's about, getting out and having fun shooting something you enjoy.

And I agree, you can tell you're a photographer. Those are awesome pics!