• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AR pics

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Well I joined the evil black rifle community. Here is my Rock River Predator Pursuit. I put my Leupold 8.5-25X50 till I can afford a NXS 2.5-10X something. I'm hoping to turn it into a SPR/designated Marksman rifle, kinda like a SASS but .223. It shot pretty good first time out. I haven't learned how to shoot it yet, much different from my bolt guns. The trigger is too dang close for one thing. I here an ERGO grip will cure this. The middle group is Black Hills 77gr match, the rest are my fault rolling the forend around on the rest. I'll get it figured out soon enough.I will post before and after pics when it's done.

gun038.jpg

gun037.jpg

gun039.jpg

gun041.jpg

gun040.jpg

gun042.jpg

Re: New AR pics

Fixin to trick her out

Which rail handguard?
Which grip?
Whicj buttstock?

What color?

Buzz, nice looking start there.

Ide throw a Jewell in there to start off with (or do you have the RRA NM?), and a flat bottom for-end. Those would probably show the biggest improvents IMO.

Grip - I dont think the factory grips are horrible, but there is plenty to choose from.

Butt - Again, I think the factory A2-A4 butstocks are a good peice of gear for precision work. Ide keep it where its at, or go PRS.

Color - Factory everything.

Which rail handguard? FDE Troy Industry TRX
Which grip? FDE Magpul MAID
Which buttstock? FDE Magpul PRS Black The ACE M4 Socom is cool also

What color? FDE

This is my plan!!

I have the same rifle and have been very happy with the performance. With very little effort I found a load with 77 SMK's that easily and consistently shoots under .75 MOA. Based on my experience and what others report I think you will be pleased.