• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AR

sw22aellafrits

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2009
Well, I finally finished my ar15 build. For now atleast...

DSCI0543.jpg

DSCI0541.jpg

DSCI0540.jpg

DSCI0539.jpg

DSCI0538.jpg

DSCI0542.jpg

It is a delton midlength HBAR kit, magpul furniture in OD green, YHM rifle length diamond forend, and the magpul gen2 sights. So far i really like the magpul stock. Thanks to Mark at SAC for putting on the rail system.

No range report yet, haven't been able to get any ammo for it yet.

Re: New AR

How are you liking the YHM Black Diamond? Almost went that route myself but people kept bitching it was a fat bitch. Not like I care because I got to fondle one and loved it (the YHM, not FB). Do you plan to get the YHM cap for the front of the handguard to complete the look?

Thanks guys. It's not too front heavy, but it is worse than my brothers m4 contour upper. I really like the yhm so far. Its not too fat, But is no daniel defense lol. Im not sure about the cap, not sure if id need it.

Cronos- If you don't want it too heavy, you could do it with a m4 or lightweight barrel. I am planning on putting optics on it, maybe the pst 1-4 or ss3-9. Not too sure yet. And a can, once i move from michigan lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cronos- If you don't want it too heavy, you could do it with a m4 or lightweight barrel. I am planning on putting optics on it, maybe the pst 1-4 or ss3-9. Not too sure yet. And a can, once i move from michigan lol. </div></div>

yes absolutely. My wife has a Bushmaster M4 and Its weight is perfect. As the problem goes for the can I'm in the same boat as you. Living in NY and loving firearms don't go together well. Seems like I have to go to hell and back to be able to get a pistol permit, and I don't want to bother asking about a can for my bolt gun. I guess the m4 my wife bought has the muzzle break welded on lol.

Dang your pictures are a ton better than mine are... Looks good bro.

I know you said its a middy with a rifle length hand-guard, But I'm a novice when it comes to AR's so I'm just gonna ask...

Whats the barrel length?
smile.gif

Damn, I thought it was atleast 18"!!!

I'm going to go a similar route with a 6.8 upper except with FDE color... Hopefully I can get my hands on something decent before November!

FYI - I put the magpul OD flip ups on one of my ARs recently and found that blacking out the back side of the front sight (the part you see when its flipped up ... helped clean up the sight picture a LOT. Maybe its from years of looking at A2 front posts but it helped me. Nice lookin rig

nice looking build Rory. that end cap will make it look cleaner and some guys say it keeps stuff out of there too. good looking rifle

Thanks guys. I think i will get the end cap some day. I kinda wanna move somewhere more gun friendly, maybe Montana...