• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ARC Mausingfield

Nightlybane

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
Illinois
I've gotten my hands on the closed top ARC mausingfield, it is made for a detachable mag, and its serial is 00005. I've attached a few pictures to show the ejection port. Also sorry for my potato quality phone. Best I could do today. Build is settled on .300 prc and will order ammo from Hornady. Hopefully more manufacturers catch on and make some good quality like hornady as I dont reload right now.
Resized_20200620_164246.jpg
Resized_20200620_164300.jpg
Resized_20200620_164343.jpg

Reactions: rydah
Cool action.
Is it the older thread pattern?
I'm pretty sure it's the newer version as this is the only other thing I found on the website about the closed top:
  • Closed Top Version
    • Does not support BDL bottom metal.
    • Rem 700 style mag well accepts AICS style mags (Long action accepts CIP length magazines).

Also found this, 1.125” x 20 UN 2B for threads. Compatible with Savage Long Shank Barrels.

I would double check that:

“Mausingfield actions with serial numbers of M5A4-00025 and higher and all M7's use a 1-1/16” x 20 UN 2B barrel thread, making them compatible with commercially available Savage small shank barrels and locknuts.”

Reactions: TreyMeTrey

“Mausingfield actions with serial numbers of M5A4-00025 and higher and all M7's use a 1-1/16” x 20 UN 2B barrel thread, making them compatible with commercially available Savage small shank barrels and locknuts.”
Well his serial number is 00005.

yes, I saw that. Mines 00005 so it is for a large shank barrel.

yes, I saw that. Mines 00005 so it is for a large shank barrel.

What’s your model number, which is the M#A# bit before the serial number?

Did you just buy this direct from ARC or did you buy it from someone off the Hide? Everything made in the last ~8 years - including the closed top mausingfields for DBM only - is small shank.

Edit: the reason I care is because I don’t want you to waste a few hundred bucks getting the wrong barrel made.

What’s your model number, which is the M#A# bit before the serial number?

Did you just buy this direct from ARC or did you buy it from someone off the Hide? Everything made in the last ~8 years - including the closed top mausingfields for DBM only - is small shank.

Edit: the reason I care is because I don’t want you to waste a few hundred bucks getting the wrong barrel made.
Bought it straight from ARC. They just released this model as far as I know. M7-TLR-D-00005 is mine. I talked to Jason and he asked if I wanted the closed top like the older ones and if we had enough people thatd I'd get the closed top instead of open top.

Yep
New style.
Damn. I was hoping for a large shank because of that extra 2 inches from proof research. ;) I'm going to use SWVAguns to build my rifle once I get all the parts I believe since he has worked on mausingfields before unless someone can point me to someone better

Yep
New style.
Hey man, I just checked on this paperwork and it says this : Serial number or notes: M7-TLR-D-00005 BUT THEN down below it shows : Product: M7-TLR-535-20 Mausingfield Bolt Action(Closed top,detachable mag, Right, 20 MOA, 5.8 MRAD long [3.78" mag length] .535 [i.e. 300 win mag]) yet the action itself states the top TLR-D number and not the other. I'm guessing the other is the product number?

Loads of reasons why this isn’t one of the first ones they made; the early ones:
-were in the white; not nitrided
-had the hookah pipe bolt knob with exposed screw head
-had a different bolt stop

Loads of reasons why this isn’t one of the first ones they made; the early ones:
-were in the white; not nitrided
-had the hookah pipe bolt knob with exposed screw head
-had a different bolt stop
Agreed. Early ones looked shiny. I ordered off their site so I knew I'd get the M7

Reactions: leftyk82
Hey man, I just checked on this paperwork and it says this : Serial number or notes: M7-TLR-D-00005 BUT THEN down below it shows : Product: M7-TLR-535-20 Mausingfield Bolt Action(Closed top,detachable mag, Right, 20 MOA, 5.8 MRAD long [3.78" mag length] .535 [i.e. 300 win mag]) yet the action itself states the top TLR-D number and not the other. I'm guessing the other is the product number?
The second number TLR-535-20 just means it was assembled with a .535 Mag bolt face & a 20moa rail. Both those can be changed so they aren't stamped on the receiver.

Damn. I was hoping for a large shank because of that extra 2 inches from proof research. ;) I'm going to use SWVAguns to build my rifle once I get all the parts I believe since he has worked on mausingfields before unless someone can point me to someone better
LRI (Long Rifles Inc) has probably barreled more Mausingfields then anyone. This is were I'll be sending my M7
He tunes the extractor so that control round feed works properly. Supposedly the new M7 extractors have been improved by ARC and don't require much if anything to work properly. Video below shows how control round should feed if set up correctly.

Reactions: rydah and gnochi
What’s the lift and throw like?
As of right now as it sits lift is stiff right now, and the throw is smooth as shit. but until I get the barrel, stock and trigger, I won't know for sure on the lift. I'm sure itll be easier on a stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: rydah