• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear New Area419 Hellfire Design

Painful watching all of those trigger slaps.

Seems like a good update. Hopefully the port "gills" get radiused on this new version so they aren't cheese cutters on your hand when the locking collar inevitably locks up.

I'd be curious what a side by side test of the new hellfire and a sidewinder would show.

Even the video said the sidewinder reduced recoil more.

The difference though the Hellfire Match should be a little quieter

Reactions: Hoyt7mm
I think they mentioned somewhere that the Sidewinder reduces more recoil overall. The new Match controls the recoil better. I'd assume that means it stays on target better and keeps the blast away from the shooter somewhat.

You would think these guys would all send the new ones off to get tested by third party. This is one item that can be tested the same across the board.

It’s interesting to see the ports designed for their individual positions in the brake. I am not aware of any others like this.

I think they mentioned somewhere that the Sidewinder reduces more recoil overall. The new Match controls the recoil better. I'd assume that means it stays on target better and keeps the blast away from the shooter somewhat.

If I heard correctly, they specifically mentioned that the first (and main) port is directed perpendicular to the shooter/bore, and the gas coming from that port will disrupt and mitigate the gas from the more forward ports coming back at the shooter. That's what the Insite Arms Heathen brake does as well. I believe they incorporated specific geometry on the ports to allow the rifle to recoil in a manner in which sight line is the least disruptive, but I'm not sure if they provided much specifics on that.

Painful watching all of those trigger slaps.

Seems like a good update. Hopefully the port "gills" get radiused on this new version so they aren't cheese cutters on your hand when the locking collar inevitably locks up.
I dont follow PRS anything, just not my cup of tea. WTF is with the trigger technique? Is that a thing? I know what trigger slapping is, but they were jumping off the trigger like it stung them. Super weird.

I dont follow PRS anything, just not my cup of tea. WTF is with the trigger technique? Is that a thing? I know what trigger slapping is, but they were jumping off the trigger like it stung them. Super weird.
Why do you think @lowlight complains so much about there being a lot of really good bad shooters in PRS?

That’s pretty interesting technique for sure.

I saw they incorporated more vertical bias into this new brake.
That’s one of the reasons I love the Heathen, very little to none.
Let me fix a muzzle rise with consistent technique and rifle setup instead of inconsistent technique and help from gas flow.

I love my A419 hellfires so I’ll probably snag one of these to try it out. That said...holy fucking slaps.

Why do you think @lowlight complains so much about there being a lot of really good bad shooters in PRS?
A point IS a point though.

I just got my ass kicked by a bunch of slappers.

I honestly dont care anymore though, if they know how to slap it consistently then thats all that matters down range I guess.

Sup fellas - I'll go ahead and scroll past the trigger slapping and fundamentals discussion, happy to have that conversation at the match of your choosing and then compare scores after ;)

The brake design is meant to do one thing better than anything else on the market, and it does - control the rifle under recoil in a way that leads to superior sight retention. MOST of the rifles you see in matches are 20-24lbs and shooting something between a 6BR and a 6.5 Creedmoor. This is not a package that's going to beat your shoulder, but retaining sight picture when shooting positional is never easy.

The true "put it on a sled" recoil performance is very similar to the Hellfire that has been in market for years - marginally better but most would not be able to feel a difference behind the rifle. The sound levels at the shooter ear are also identical to the existing Hellfire, which was the goal.

Being able to do these things along with added performance in sight picture retention is something we consider a big deal, so we're making a big deal out of it!

Sup fellas - I'll go ahead and scroll past the trigger slapping and fundamentals discussion, happy to have that conversation at the match of your choosing and then compare scores after ;)

The brake design is meant to do one thing better than anything else on the market, and it does - control the rifle under recoil in a way that leads to superior sight retention. MOST of the rifles you see in matches are 20-24lbs and shooting something between a 6BR and a 6.5 Creedmoor. This is not a package that's going to beat your shoulder, but retaining sight picture when shooting positional is never easy.

The true "put it on a sled" recoil performance is very similar to the Hellfire that has been in market for years - marginally better but most would not be able to feel a difference behind the rifle. The sound levels at the shooter ear are also identical to the existing Hellfire, which was the goal.

Being able to do these things along with added performance in sight picture retention is something we consider a big deal, so we're making a big deal out of it!
No argument from me. I only use hellfires. I was just sharing a new product, in true SH fashion it always goes sideways 😂😂😂😂

ej03i.gif

Think that’s bad? Watch a Kof2M event.

Reactions: akmike47
anybody have any time behind the HF match. any comparison to the Sidewinder or original HF? I've got a match coming, just seeing any real world experience

I'm wondering about the sound impulse. Mark Kuczka talked about the affects of impulse from muzzle brakes and how that can cause hearing loss. Cal Zant wrote that their testing found backward angled baffles may work better than straight ports.

I was wondering if there a way to create a workable muzzle brake with forward angle ports or baffles facing away from the shooter?

I know that sounds like a oddball question but my thought is that may help with reducing sound at the shooters ear.

What he said, ports facing forward - awful idea. Use earpro or a suppressor. Interested to hear on the HF Match also. Got another new 6mm that already has an adapter on it and need another brake. Worth the extra from the original?

anybody have any time behind the HF match. any comparison to the Sidewinder or original HF? I've got a match coming, just seeing any real world experience
The Hellfire match is a noticeable improvement in both recoil and felt blast. I shoot a 6cm with dtacs and noticed right off the Match is better.

Reactions: flyer1a
When's the next batch back in stock? I ordered 2 from Brownells.

That’s pretty interesting technique for sure.

I saw they incorporated more vertical bias into this new brake.
That’s one of the reasons I love the Heathen, very little to none.
Let me fix a muzzle rise with consistent technique and rifle setup instead of inconsistent technique and help from gas flow.
The brake is not marketed to you. It's also worth noting that it's not aimed (pun!) At you because you are after technique and skill, rather than a crutch.

Brakes like this do have a place, and there is quite a few situations that they can be preferred. This is why the exist.

They didn't design anything new here, they just rediscovered a few things.

When's the next batch back in stock? I ordered 2 from Brownells.
I expect you'll see them much more widely available, and orders from dealers/distribution filled in the next few weeks. Production has finally reached the speed that we thought we would get to earlier, but sometimes manufacturing presents unforeseen difficulties!

I'm wondering about the sound impulse. Mark Kuczka talked about the affects of impulse from muzzle brakes and how that can cause hearing loss. Cal Zant wrote that their testing found backward angled baffles may work better than straight ports.

I was wondering if there a way to create a workable muzzle brake with forward angle ports or baffles facing away from the shooter?

I know that sounds like a oddball question but my thought is that may help with reducing sound at the shooters ear.
The best answer to this question is our Maverick. It was built around these exact principles. Unfortunately, to really make this work requires some design that falls into the NFA category. Good news is it absolutely works.

Reactions: GenericBadGuy
The best answer to this question is our Maverick. It was built around these exact principles. Unfortunately, to really make this work requires some design that falls into the NFA category. Good news is it absolutely works.
Not opposed to NFA getup, just wish I could've bought before 41-P.

will disrupt and mitigate the gas from the more forward ports coming back at the shooter. That's what the Insite Arms Heathen brake does as well. I believe they incorporated specific geometry on the ports to allow the ri