• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Atlas Bipod on the Way, the Updated PSR Model

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    B&T Industries is releasing a new Atlas Bipod

1486183_10152190659472953_1134786771_o.jpg

The PSR Atlas (I don't know what Kasey is officially calling it) will be released the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This new bipod is based on feedback B&T received from the current Army Trials involving the PSR Program. The Atlas is one of the finalist and the soldiers had some feedback which Kasey incorporated into the design.

Some of the updates include

1. The legs no longer spin, they are grooved in place and do rotate.

2. The lock up for the Pan & Tilt is tighter, you can see the "brake" it has to help hold it in place.

3. The adjustment knob is a bit different with deeper cuts to increase the leverage.

1596995_10152190659912953_1121418608_o.jpg

Been using this for a while now and I really like it a lot. Originally it was not going to be released but I am glad Kasey is making it available to everyone out there.

You know what kinda price its going to be offered at or around?

Dad-gummit...does this mean the V9 / V10 / 5-H have been pushed back even deeper on the production back-burner?
    If anyone hears different at SHOT, please report back:D

The distance from the QD plate to the leg pivots looks shorter too. I could be wrong but it looks like it sits almost as tight to the gun as the two screw model.

I really like the fact that the legs don't spin, especially when it has the claw feet.

Here are some more details on the PSR -

- Construction from T6061
    - Type III Hard Anodized
    - Stainless steel springs & fasteners
    - 15 degrees +/- of preloaded PAN
    - 15 degrees +/- of preloaded CANT
    - Tooless Optional 3" leg extensions
    - Tooless Optional Ski, Cleat and Spike feet
    - Estimated range of elevation is 5-9" Standard
    - 5 Leg positions
    - Novel 45 degree Leg position pioneered
    by B&T Industries L.L.C.
    - Heat Treated Stainless Steel Leg components
    - Estimated range of elevation is 7 – 13” Tall*
    - Fore and Aft pivot limiting Bosses*
    - Non-Rotating Legs*
    - Strengthened Leg Boss*
    - Inner Leg constructed from T7075*
    - BT46-NC Standard height weight – 11.42 ounces*
    - BT47-NC Tall height weight – 12.86 ounces*

* Denotes PSR feature

We are going to offer SH members a small intro price discount through the rest of January (I'll get the numbers up tomorrow). And here is the rest of that story, fulfilling these individual SH member sales will take priority over any contractual obligations, this is the only such commitment we are making regarding individual sales.

These changes were made to the standard Atlas bipods based on feedback from shooters both civilian and professional. There will not be the option to upgrade the BT10 series into the PSR nor will we offer a taller BT10, the taller 7-13" is only available in the PSR configuration as the BT47. We will continue to offer the BT10 series while the PSR series will be noted as;

BT46-NC PSR Atlas Bipod - No Clamp - for BT19, ADM 170-S, ARMS 17S, TRAMP, LT171
    BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever
    BT47-NC PSR Tall Atlas Bipod - No Clamp - for BT19, ADM 170-S, ARMS 17S, TRAMP, LT171
    BT47-LW17 PSR Tall Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever

The 5-H is in the white and will be shown at SHOT I'll try to get a picture up here before then (I just hope you guys don't judge it too harshly on it's appearance as it is the function that matters. Please keep saying that...).

Last all of this and more new products will be available to see at SHOT booth 20135 in the LE section.

Last edited:
    I wouldn't mind a taller one, at 6'3" I almost never run mine all the way in. I've needed it to be slightly taller a few times but didn't really want to add 3" leg extensions. Might be just right at 7-13"

Kasey, any clue when these will be available to us?

Thank you for offering this to the Hide first.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
    Might request for two or three BT47-LW17 PSRs.

Subscribed!

Can't wait for more info and pics for the hide members.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

JUST ordered my first Atlas from Triad (shipped today). Late to the party again, I guess, haha. Oh well, guess I'll be getting an even NEWER one!

Just when I'd decided to hold off on buying my first Atlas, THIS opportunity arises. Will the prices/sale option be listed in this thread? or in the For Sale section?

Im interested. Safe assumption that earlier risers, foot attachments will work on PSR?

PSR is nice, I got to see one over the holidays. I think I even saw one for sale on Ebay already ;)

I guess I had better start making room on the B&T shelf here at Triad......

Was about to hit the payment on a bt-10 lw17. Ill wait for further info on this one as im not in a hurry. Thanks Kasey

B&T Industries is releasing a new Atlas Bipod

1486183_10152190659472953_1134786771_o.jpg

The PSR Atlas (I don't know what Kasey is officially calling it) will be released the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This new bipod is based on feedback B&T received from the current Army Trials involving the PSR Program. The Atlas is one of the finalist and the soldiers had some feedback which Kasey incorporated into the design.

Some of the updates include

1. The legs no longer spin, they are grooved in place and do rotate.

2. The lock up for the Pan & Tilt is tighter, you can see the "brake" it has to help hold it in place.

3. The adjustment knob is a bit different with deeper cuts to increase the leverage.

1596995_10152190659912953_1121418608_o.jpg

Been using this for a while now and I really like it a lot. Originally it was not going to be released but I am glad Kasey is making it available to everyone out there.

Tag for later

Here is the pricing for the PSR models and this is a one time offer to Snipers Hide members and expires at midnight on January 31, 2014.

BT46-NC PSR Atlas Bipod - No Clamp - for BT19, ADM 170-S, ARMS 17S, TRAMP, LT171 Retail - $259.95 SH Intro price - $240.00 delivered CONUS

BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever Retail - $319.95 SH Intro price - $300.00 delivered CONUS

BT47-NC PSR Tall Atlas Bipod - No Clamp - for BT19, ADM 170-S, ARMS 17S, TRAMP, LT171 Retail - $279.95 SH Intro price - $260.00 delivered CONUS

BT47-LW17 PSR Tall Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever Retail - $339.95 SH Intro price - $320.00 delivered CONUS

If you want in all we ask is that you email us at;

[email protected]

Put "SH - PSR" in the subject line.

In the text give us the Model Number, How Many you want of each model and the SH Price stated above.

Include your address and contact information including phone number.

We will confirm your request via email within 2 business days.

Parts are being made, on top of our normal production, so we are looking at second quarter delivery time-frame. Once we have units assembled and ready to ship SH members will be contacted for payment in the same order as received. After three unsuccessful attempts, your information will be put to the back of the stack.

Again, we are making these available to SH members on a limited basis, availability of the PSR might change as the year progresses limiting sales to contractual obligations. Any such contractual obligations will not over-ride the units claimed in this offer by SH members.

added to this post from my second post below-

"Also, I botched the email deal, but instead of changing it will let it ride as is. HOWEVER, the confirmation will not be within 2 business days until after the 21st. Sorry."

Last edited:
    OK, I'm in. Email sent.

Thanks for doing this Kasey.

Thanks Kasey for setting this up for the community! Do have a couple of questions for you:

Will the accessories for the BT-10 work in the PSR?

As far as mounting options, there is either no clamp or the QR rail mount being offered? No third clamp option like on the BT-10

Thanks for hooking the Hide up once again Kasey and continuing to bring awesome products to market!

Well built products. Looking forward to the BT47-LW17model. Email sent.
    Thanks to Kasey.

So help out an Atlas-virgin: I don't see the specs on the "tall" version on the website. If I've got this right the "regular" size is about 4.75-9" making it similar in size to the Harris 6-9, so I'm guessng the "tall" version would be more on par with say the 9-13" Harris?

Also curious on color options on this one as [MENTION=32797]chooter[/MENTION] asked.

email sent for a few. Love the anti-rotation feature.

You guys are welcome, glad to be able to do it and THANK YOU for the great response!

Let me answer the questions;

“ Will the accessories for the BT-10 work in the PSR?” – YES

“As far as mounting options, there is either no clamp or the QR rail mount being offered? No third clamp option like on the BT-10” – CORRECT

“Any color options?” – NO

“So help out an Atlas-virgin: I don't see the specs on the "tall" version on the website. If I've got this right the "regular" size is about 4.75-9" making it similar in size to the Harris 6-9, so I'm guessng the "tall" version would be more on par with say the 9-13" Harris?” - BT47 Estimated range of elevation is 7 – 13” Tall*

“How does the weight compare to the current atlas?” - The current BT10-NC weighs 11.13 ounces, the Standard PSR-NC (BT46-NC) weighs 11.42 ounces and the TALL PSR-NC (BT47-NC) weighs 12.86 ounces

“Can we send in a partial payment when we place the order or do we have to wait until contacted to pay?” – Sorry but no, did that before and there was no joy.

Also, I botched the email deal, but instead of changing it will let it ride as is. HOWEVER, the confirmation will not be within 2 business days until after the 21st. Sorry.

Again, Thank you!

What is the advantage of an Atlas over a Harris? I've never used an Atlas before so I'm just wondering if there is a significant advantage.

Yes we'll have a sample PSR AND 5-H bipods at SHOT.

Please -

Put "SH - PSR" in the subject line.

In the text give us the Model Number, How Many you want of each model and the SH Price stated above.

Include your address and contact information including phone number.

Send to; [email protected]

IF YOU FAIL TO INCLUDE THE ABOVE INFORMATION, YOU WILL NOT GET CONFIRMATION.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm trying to insure that you will get what you want in a timely manner.