• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
So, since we introduced the Atlas Bipod in 2005 we’ve heard “Why does it need to Pan?” or “I don’t want a bipod to PAN”. Well, the fact is the SCAR program required a bipod that did both, PAN and CANT which became our “threshold” for the Atlas. The Precision Sniper Rifle (PSR) program also required a bipod that did both, PAN and CANT. It was the changes to the Atlas V8 that SOCOM requested that gave us the Atlas PSR series which was then awarded that PSR contract. So there is a real world use for a bipod that does both, PAN and CANT.

However, there are also many shooters out there that like the patented features of the Atlas (45 degree leg position as an example) but don’t want the PAN. The Atlas CAL delivers this. The Atlas CAL has 15 degrees +/- of CANT (total 30), 5 leg positions, Wide footprint, swappable feet, 3 models, the real deal KMW Pod-Loc, same high grade materials and finishes as the rest of the Atlas bipods and Hold what you move technology.

As we have historically done, we are giving Sniper’s Hide members the chance to see and buy our new products at a discount for a limited time. We do this to give back to this SH community that has been our go-to source since we started business in 2000. I thank Lowlight for all he’s done for the long range shooting community and for all his efforts to make this website what it is today. It’s often a thankless job, but know this, we’ve all benefited from his efforts.

I also want to thank the SH members, a better bunch a people could not be found on the www.

As always, any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.

EDITED TO NOTE PRE-ORDER IS OVER.

Last edited:
Looks like a great offering, I for one rarely use the pan feature on my Atlas but would not want to sacrifice the rest of the features to move to another bipod. I also think that sometimes the adjustment knob of the atlas bipods can be a bit difficult to fine adjust based on the location and the size of the knob; the KMW pod loc lever will make adjustment a lot easier.

Last edited:
Will we be able to put the RRS clamp on top of this bipod?

I like wide footprint and use of the podloc instead of wheel underneath. But I shoot movers a lot, any chance of a version WITH pan?:rolleyes:

Just for clarification. Is panning completely removed or just locked out using the Pod-loc?

I believe the panning is completely removed, look at the design near the picatinny mount and you can see it is only designed to cant.

WOW! Thank you for the response!!

Xander3Zero - Pod-Loc was an easy decision for this application for the reason you stated. Thank you for your business!

oakfig - RRS sent us an adapter that has the same hole spacing we are using for use with the Atlas V8 & PSR series that would work on both Picatinny and ACR (sp?) rails. However there might be a clearance issue with the knob used on the RRS adapter as it arrived after the CAL mounts were done. Once we have the NC style mount, we'll T&E with RRS and post it up.

Siscoe308 - Thanks, Mr. Cross (KMW) is a class act, he's done a lot for this sport and the least we can do is support him!

lennyo3034 - now that's funny! controlling both PAN and CANT with single lever from the rear position is a pretty fair challenge, putting the lever on the bottom would not be ideal due to the stand off projection it would have.

Mute - Xander3Zero is right, there is no PAN.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a version where you have the pod loc lever on the rear for the cant, and a screw/knob on the bottom for the pan? I could see the pan adjustment just being a screw, because I don't normally need to readily adjust pan pre-tension, I would only use it with pan disabled or enabled.

I'm sure it would be challenging without adding a lot of bulk to the design.

While i will continue to run my PSR for the pan in competition (i like it with movers) will definitely be grabbing one for my hunting rifle. Looks like a great product!

Awesome! I grabbed one with ADM mount, the Pan feature and the knob kept me using my Harris with Pod-Loc. This I had to have!

Kasey, I have been waiting for this for a very long time to come about and it's finally here the best of everything IMO. Thank you very much ORDERED!!

Thanks Kasey,
I ordered one as well. Thanks for looking after us with the great deal. Cannot wait to try it out.

For the guys that ordered one what model did you go with? I choose the QD version.

You couldn't have made this announcement a few hours earlier? Would have bought two of these instead of another LRA!
Good lookin' bipod. Gonna sell many.

Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate your interest and patronage in our product line. I should have mentioned there are several other new or greatly improved products on that link. 2018 holds lots of promise and Lord willing, we'll be introducing some cool products.

Temper, no, this is a rigid design, the "flex" is minimized.

kl3309, funny, I actually meant to post by 0800, but business got in the way of my intentions!

I also should have mentioned that the CAL was designed with some cool options in mind.....kinda like another level in the world of bipods, like the 45 degree leg position we introduced only different.

Kasey, I recommend that you tell people that there will be discounts that they will see when they click the link.

Snagged one, along with some extras I have been wanting to try. I went with the 2 screw, I'm collecting enough Atlas bipods there is little reason to move them around!

No Pan is exactly what I wanted from Atlas. Order is in. Hopefully this works with my Sawtooth precision adapter from my BT46

Anybody get any shipping notifications yet? I'm excited.

no shipping notification yet, ordered on Tuesday. No biggie, we are getting 2-4" of snow and have freezing rain now here in Michigan. With our 50F temps earlier this week, I was hoping to get a little range time.

no shipping notification yet, ordered on Tuesday. No biggie, we are getting 2-4" of snow and have freezing rain now here in Michigan. With our 50F temps earlier this week, I was hoping to get a little range time.
Ordered mine on Monday... Hopefully they get them out before the weekend?!? Unless they aren't quite ready yet? Idk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ordered mine on Tuesday to. I'm in no real hurry. I was just wondering if they would ship them before Shot show. Either way I have a feeling this is going to be a great product.

Thanks Kasey! Y’all are seriously great. Personally, I use the pan quite a bit and love all your other bipods. I just dropped in to say thanks for supporting us.

Carry on

Are these currently in stock or is this for a pre-order? I didn't see anything on the site or here that clarified so figured I'd ask.

Definitely getting one of these and really glad I used the search feature on here because I was about to order one from Amazon.

Thanks for the discount!

I heard these are shipping in March.

I figured that when I seen a CAD drawing and not the actual bipod.

If it true that these won't be available until March, it should probably be added to the OP... I for one would have liked to know.

Last edited:
If it true that these won't be available until March, it should probably be added to the OP... I for one would have liked to know.
Me to. If so I'm going to have to get a cheap bipod to tied me over. I sold my B10 to fund this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk