• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Auto bullet feeders for progressive presses

ChadTRG42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas
www.dallasreloads.com
Does anyone have the new RCBS auto bullet feeders for their progressive press yet? I'd like to hear how you like it and if you've had any issues with them. I'm planning on installing it on my Dillon 650.

I'm on backorder for the pistol bullet feeder. I really hope RCBS comes out with a shell plate for rifle bullets that will work in the pistol bullet feeder. Right now, you have to buy them specific to pistol, small rifle (223), and large rifle (308) feeders.

Auto Pistol bullet feeder

Re: New Auto bullet feeders for progressive presses

Seems to me that you would have to change out the bullet feeding tube also-couldnt much smaller diameter, pointed rifle bullets get jammed up in a large diameter tube?

I dont have any experience with this bullet feeder, or any other brand, but I have thought about getting one. I can comfortably run 500 rds per hour of rifle prairie dog ammo on my 650 and I dont see how it could be that much faster, but who knows. Well it surely could be faster I guess, but do I trust myself to do 1000 rds per hour-the jury is out on that one!

Good luck and let us know how it runs once you get it.

I've looked at them but they don't do cast bullets, so I quit looking.

chad, I had both the RCBS unit and still have the one from mrbulletfeeder. The MBF unit is superior in design and he is easy to get ahold of for support.

The RCBS unit jammed a lot and the seating process on the flared cases wasn't the best on my lnl. However, the MBF unit is great, albeit it took an hour or so to get set up so that I was running consistantly without problems. I cant speak for what he offers for rifle bullets, as I was doing pistol only. Between the bullet feeder and case feeder, I'd say I can comfortably do about 800-1000 rounds taking time to refill the primer tubes, bullet and brass feeders.

Shot at my clubs local USPSA match last weekend and one of the guys shooting in my squad had a squib load that jammed a bullet in the barrel of his revolver. In talking to him he was saying that ever since he and a buddy got bullet feeders for there 650's they started having squibs. I don't understand how a bullet feeder could keep you from getting powder in a case unless your trying to go to fast and not paying attention to what your doing? I load on a 650 and I look in every case just before I put the bullet in to make sure it has powder in it. Are you still able to do this with the auto bullet feeders? Thanks!

Chris

I load on a 650 as well and use the powder check die set up. If it can still be used with a bullet feeder I don't see how you could get a sqib.

nmcclure, thanks for the heads up on the Mr. Bullet Feeder. I think he has the better system. You can also get a 223 conversion for it without having to buy another unit. I'm in contact with Rick now. Thanks!