• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AXIS Tactical Rifle

gliechty

Sergeant
Minuteman
We are proud to introduce our new series of rifles based on our AXIS action.

We designed this action to incorporate some of the features of the APEX VR-1 into a Remington footprint action. The AXIS is machined from 2" bar stock so the recoil lug is integral with the action. There is also a recoil lug that the scope rail captures. The action is very stiff with a solid top, and integral lugs. This also enables the length of the tenon to be .940". The side bolt release is .300" wide. It uses Remington style triggers.

The bolt is a carry over from the APEX VR-1 and has a 30 degree bolt nose, 3 o’clock extractor and 3 lug bolt, 2 front, and 1 at the rear of the bolt. It uses Remington striker assemblies and ejectors. The bolt knob screws into the bolt body and incorporates the now infamous 1/2" hex socket. The bolt features heavy helical flutes.

The scope rail is machined from 7075 aluminum and is attached with 4 8/32 tapered head TORX screws and located by (2) 1/8" steel pins. It captures on the front recoil lug as well.

The test rifle that is in the pictures is built as follows:
AXIS Tactical Short Action
APEX DBM Bottom Metal with AICS 5 Round Magazine
AXIS Picatinny
Rail 7075 Aluminum
McMillan A1-3 Stock, Molded in OD
Timney Trigger
Bartlein APEX contour barrel cut to 22" from the recoil lug. .284 cal. 1/9 twist
Surefire Muzzle Brake
7-08 Remington throated for VLD bullets with a 2.95 oal
Dark OD green Ceracoat
Weight as shown 12.4lbs.

[img:center]
AXIS_002.jpg
[/img]
AXIS_005.jpg
[/img]
AXIS_003.jpg
[/img]
AXIS_004.jpg

[/img]
AXIS_008.jpg
[/img]

Re: New AXIS Tactical Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice looking rifle. </div></div>

Wow someone is trying hard to get to 51 posts...lets bet that you sell something here soon

No kidding, 33 posts in the last hour. More then 1 post every 2 minutes.

Can you give an approximate price for the base action?

Otherwise all I want to say is I'm jealous that people get paid to design actions. I'd love to get a job in firearms industry R&D after I graduate.

That is a very intriguing recoil lug whats the theory of having it that way with the scope base hanging over the top of it?

ps I didn't post this to get my post number up
smile.gif

The rail is extended to support long tube scopes. The recoil lug for the rail is to locate and keep the rail from moving under recoil or drops. It is all redundant with the 2 steel pins and the large screws, but the material is there from machining the integral recoil lug, so more is better in my opinion.

This action was designed to work well with the WSM cartridges. They shine!

At this time the rifle as shown will be $3250.00 without scope, rings, bipod and stock pack. The action is not available separately. The price will be the same with any "A" series stock with the same options.

Sweet lookin rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice looking rifle. </div></div>

Wow someone is trying hard to get to 51 posts...lets bet that you sell something here soon</div></div>

You nailed it!

Looks like a really nice receiver with some innovative features. Any plans on making a long action with a bolt face large enough for the 338 Lapua?

propulsionclimbing,

There are no plans for a 338 lapua boltface, but long actions are available for order. Standard and magnum. There is a dedicated 338 Lapua Action in the works. It will be along in about 3 months. I have been waiting to get the magazines that I want to use to finish the design. The bolt will have the same features, but larger to handle the Lapua properly. It will be a scaled up APEX action called the VR-3.

PadonAniversary,

The flute does straiten out on that bolt, I was playing with different designs and the fluting is a little different on the production bolts. I use a different tool to cut the flutes as well as a smaller lead into the helical.