• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New baby in the family

Re: New baby in the family

Already with factory load bullet i am .625 MOA, very anxious to see with the result with reload Match

Loving it but the wife doesn't share my joy with the new arrival in the family

Wonder why ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cold_Silence</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Loving it but the wife doesn't share my joy with the new arrival in the family

Wonder why ? </div></div>

For me, I support my husband's purchases when he does the research, prices things out, plans for the expense and then buys it. If he asks for permission to buy, I am turned off cause I am not his mother. And of he chooses not to buy it cause I did not jump for joy over the idea of it... I think to myself he is limiting himself for no reason... Planning a purchase by mentioning it and saving for it so that all other needs are met before wants...keeps my family budget balanced and my marriage solid... Planning for ammo is all about buying cases when they go on sale....

In Full agreement with you Melody but it seems like so much work to do all this, so i think i will stick on asking forgiveness instead

Nice rifle! My wife doesn't give a shit when I buy stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cold_Silence</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In Full agreement with you Melody but it seems like so much work to do all this, so i think i will stick on asking forgiveness instead

</div></div>

So long as you can afford it...I wouldn't think asking for forgiveness would be in order...never look weak to your woman...always be in total command of yourself and your decisions..we want to marry and care for a man...not boys..we raise those into men and want our man to set the example...to me it is more respectful to inform her of the plan you have and how you plan to make it happen...but that is just my opinion...not sure how you two manage the house...

But for me...if my man kept apologizing to me over stuff regardless of whether we could afford it or not...I would feel disrespected...and I have to say...how much we women respect our men plays a huge part in how we treat them and our loyalties and faithfulness...

My wife used to get upset with large purchases but now that I own a gun shop I think she has gone numb or maybe she is in denial. I bought a PVS-14 the other day and all she said was wow thats kinda cool.

Thanks for all the advise about how to interact with the love one, but the main driver of this post was the rifle.
Maybe i will start a forum on how to get away with stuff without creating a situation in your marriage or relationship to my surprised this seems to be a hot topic
smile.gif

be good and stay straight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cold_Silence</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the advise about how to interact with the love one, but the main driver of this post was the rifle.
Maybe i will start a forum on how to get away with stuff without creating a situation in your marriage or relationship to my surprised this seems to be a hot topic
smile.gif

be good and stay straight

</div></div>

You asked the question... No doubt you were joking...but I will never forget overhearing a dude saying he hoped his girl would let him keep buying weapons after they got married...and I wanted to call him out and say, "she don't want to be your mother...never ask permission". So i stayed quiet on it...and

my response at first was not meant to be advise...but more of a this is what I do... It just struck a nerve... I do not ever want anyone ever so whipped to have to ask for permission...so you are spot on to rather ask for forgiveness...

Did not mean to focus less on your bad ass rifle...sure is a nice set up....

Thanks Melody
i spent my youth in different competition for long rifles 3 positions, Bow, Skeet, and Sporting clays, i was born and raise with a rifle in my hand, since it's the family business
My wife know this side about me and always support my choice, that doesn't mean she understand, but nonetheless support them

Stay Good Melody

You should send one of those hoodies to Jerry Sandusky so he has something to wear in prison.......

melody, good to hear the female side saying this. My opinion on making this work is neither can be selfish in their relationship. No one said it is easy. It becomes easy when you get older knowing how well it works out to be unselfish.

oh ya, nice gun.

HI Hi Captain

Were you reloading or shooting factory load ?
If you were reloading, would you share your recipe for that rifle

Thanks

<span style="text-decoration: underline">I <span style="font-weight: bold">cannot</span> decide <span style="font-weight: bold">which</span> I like <span style="font-weight: bold">better</span>--- the <span style="font-weight: bold">rifle</span> or the <span style="font-weight: bold">hoody</span></span>!!!
grin.gif

Tony

Great to hear the ladies side of the story. It presents some thought provoking ideas.