• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New barrel recommendations for 6.5 CM AR 10

JimmyT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
I’m ready o switch out my BA barrel on my AR 10 upper.

My short list for replacements are Wilson Combat 18” Tactical Hunter profile, Noveske 20” if they ever get back in stock, or Rainer Arms Match fluted with an 18”.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

You can not go wrong with a black hole weaponry barrel!!! Or get a hold of lilja. All my builds have black hole barrels and some are oak barrels.
But depending on your purpose will help you decide.

Criterion makes a nice barrel.

After seeing what Wilson has done in 6.8 SPC barrels, I would love to try one but I already have 5 barrels and only 3 uppers...

Compass Lake makes some of the best I've seen, along with Keystone. For a 6.5 Creedmoor made from a Bartlein blank you're looking at $495 from Compass Lake, cut, contoured, treaded, anyway you like.

Reactions: SeattleDude
Whent with an 18” criterion barrel from brownells. SLR gas block to round out the replacement. LGS is installing this week.

Last edited:
I run a carbon fiber wrapped 18.25 " proof research barrel in 6.5 CM on my AR-10 and I could not be happier. I was very surprised to see it shoot as well as my bolt action rifles.