• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dannyryan007

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
Washington State, USA
I recently inherited an old smith and Wesson model 10. It's not in good condition at all. The nickel finish is all worn off, there is some pitting in the barrel and there was oil or grease baked into gunk in the moving parts of the cylender. That being said. This firearm has no real monitary value, it has some sentimental value, but I really want to make it shoot well. It fires perfectly fine with the exception of poor accuracy and the occasionally flyer that hits no where near the point of aim (due to the pitting I am sure) does anyone know of anyone that makes or sells replacement barrels for old s&w revolvers? Or of anyone who could make one? What would you do?

Re: New barrel?

The horrible condition of the pistol is likely due to sitting in a storage container in southern Nevada for 20+ years getting wet. Every time it rained then baking for days in the summer. I have been in posession of it for less than a month.

Re: New barrel?

Gunbroker and practically every parts seller in the world that deals in Smiths will have a virtually limitless number of potential barrels. I had an old 13 built with a barrel that was cut down to 3". It is an outstanding piece. It is tough to go wrong with a Smith.