• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Barrel

Smurph_

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
Texas
This is probably too broad of a question. How would I go about putting a heavier barrel on a Remington 700 ADL? I am aware that I would need a new stock to accommodate a larger barrel as well. Would this be better accomplished by a gunsmith? I usually do all of my own work on my guns, but precision rifles are a little new to me. Thoughts.

Remage is a term, not a name. Any barrel threaded for your action, with a nut like a Savage. NOT a Savage nut, it's threaded different.
Then you just need the tools and head space gauges.
Call Northland Shooters Supply and tell them what you are looking to do. They have just about everything you need.

Edit to add. Otherwise, you will need a smith to do the work for a shouldered barrel.

Last edited:
Criterion Remage barrels are excellent in my experience. Just got an X-Caliber in the mail and I expect it to be as good. I think that with the state of technology it's unlikely any custom barrel will be a dud.

You can look at Crown Ridge Barrel Works too. He uses Xcaliber blanks and stocks mtu contours. He does excellent work.