• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New BAT Build

BAT_Boy

critter_bill
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2005
Williamston, SC
Ever have a plan that looks great on paper but doesn't look so good in person? I had a hankering for a molded in Tiger Stripe patterned stock for my last BAT MB build. All my other rifles have A-5 Tactical stocks but I wanted one BR stock for development work. I selected a McMillan Tooley MBR (1000 yard BR) stock and described the tiger stripe look that I was hoping to achieve. After 5 months, I received Tiger Pureed:

TigerPuree_2.jpg

I tried really hard to like it but just couldn't. I called Tom Meredith who beds my single shot rifles and painted my BR rifles in years past and asked him about a Hugger Orange Z-28 paint job. He steered me away from orange and to a bright red. I shipped the stock off and today this arrived via UPS:
Stock.jpg

Tommy uses aluminum bedding blocks for fiberglass stocks:
Bedding.jpg

Finally, barreled action dropped in place. Ordered some lower rings to install. This is Big Red, 6BR 1/10 Kreiger and 6.5x47 Lapua 1/8.5" Kreiger switch barrel:
Rifle.jpg

I love my GAP 700s but prefer BAT actions for single shot builds. Simple perfection.

BAT_Boy

Re: New BAT Build

BAT makes a great single shot... I have owned my share of BAT actions

Looks good, how she shoot.

The 6BR is an experiment for Randy Robinette's 95 grain bullets. So far, it is disappointing. I have 6BRs in 1/14" and 1/8" twists that are very accurate but I'm having to work on this 1/10" twist.

The 6.5x47 in 8.5 twist is set up for 123 Lapuas and will be tested soon. If this Kreiger shoots as good as the 1/8" twist on another BAT, I will be one happy camper.

CKA, I have 3 BAT Bs and 2 MBs and the headspace is so close that I can interchange barrels on a whim. I sold my old Halls and Stolles to build these rifles.

BAT_Boy

sweet, I really liked the dual port they make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAT_Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever have a plan that looks great on paper but doesn't look so good in person? I had a hankering for a molded in Tiger Stripe patterned stock for my last BAT MB build. All my other rifles have A-5 Tactical stocks but I wanted one BR stock for development work. I selected a McMillan Tooley MBR (1000 yard BR) stock and described the tiger stripe look that I was hoping to achieve. After 5 months, I received Tiger Pureed:

TigerPuree_2.jpg

I tried really hard to like it but just couldn't. I called Tom Meredith who beds my single shot rifles and painted my BR rifles in years past and asked him about a Hugger Orange Z-28 paint job. He steered me away from orange and to a bright red. I shipped the stock off and today this arrived via UPS:
Stock.jpg

Tommy uses aluminum bedding blocks for fiberglass stocks:
Bedding.jpg

Finally, barreled action dropped in place. Ordered some lower rings to install. This is Big Red, 6BR 1/10 Kreiger and 6.5x47 Lapua 1/8.5" Kreiger switch barrel:
Rifle.jpg

I love my GAP 700s but prefer BAT actions for single shot builds. Simple perfection.

BAT_Boy</div></div>

am I going crazy or in the last pic, does that light bulb look weird (left)