• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Beanland .243

OKbow87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2006
Oklahoma City, OK
As you can probably tell from the title, I had Jon Beanland put together a new .243 for me about a month ago. I have only had it to the range twice so far for some load work, and has been shooting pretty good so far. I still have a little work to do with it.

My first range trip I shot 3 shot groups working up .5 grains at a time looking for pressure. My second trip I shot 5 shot groups, but it was the first nice day here in quite some time and the range was very busy. I don't feel like I was making good shots and will be going back to test the same loads again. I am trying H100v with 105 bergers jammed .010" and so far have had great results. I started shooting 3 shot groups at 39.0 grains and working up. I started having flattened primers at 41.5 grains, but finished up that day with 43.5 grains with slight cratering and no ejector wipe. The second day I ran 5 shot groups from 42.9 to 43.9 going up .2 grains. At 42.7 I had one case with a very slight ejector mark, and at 42.9 found what I would call max in this gun with a still slight extractor mark on all 5 cases. The 43.9 load averaged 3105 fps.

- Stiller Tac30 with 20 moa rail
- Bartlein 1:7.7 twist #7 chopped at 22" and fluted by Kampfeld
- McM a1-3 in light tan, med tan, od camo
- Seekins bottom metal
- Throated for 105 vld's
- Tuned remington trigger 2#
- Coated in coyote tan cerakote
- Sprinkled with Jon's magic dust
grin.gif

This is the second complete rifle build Jon has done for me and I couldn't be happier with either one. I don't know if there is anybody that can build a nicer rifle. He will continue to get my business from now on!

Re: New Beanland .243

it is about time you posted pics and specs of that thing!! It looks a whole lot better than the phone pics you sent...that is a sweeeeeet rifle.

Very nice, I have a a rifle built by Jon also and like you said "he sprinkles his magic on them"
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice, I have a a rifle built by Jon also and like you said "he sprinkles his magic on them"
wink.gif
</div></div>

yup ! he does a great job !

Nice stick !!!

I see that stick on a regular basis. I must say you have to really hold that stick to appreciate the weight and balance. My next build will be something like this for sure!!

Jon is a class act, and yes he has done it again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice, I have a a rifle built by Jon also and like you said "he sprinkles his magic on them"
wink.gif
</div></div>

yup ! he does a great job !

Nice stick !!!</div></div>

+1
smile.gif