• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Beretta hunting rifle

Beretta: King of making goofy looking guns. Seems kinda neat though.

can't see why i'd forgo an ar to run a straight pull.

then again it is a wet dream fudd gun.

That trigger guts remind you of a shotgun at all? haha
At that point, I would make a folding stock that was bellow the buffer tube on an AR, with a side charging upper and there you have it. Strait pull free floated rifle. Hell with a buffer tube you would not even have to send the bolt home. Would love to build a gas block that you can shut off from under the rail. There is a company that make one now. Make for a quiet package with suppressed subs.

Was half expecting Aero to come out with some goofy AR bolt hybrid like this considering.

Reactions: ArTeeKay
Hard pass. Looks interesting but Beretta is a shit company. Been down the customer service rabbit hole with them enough. It’s a shame because they do build some nice products.

Hard pass. Looks interesting but Beretta is a shit company. Been down the customer service rabbit hole with them enough. It’s a shame because they do build some nice products.

I've never had to use Beretta service for the two shotguns that I've bought from them. But was advised by Cole Gunsmithing (from whom I bought a Silver Pigeon Sporting and who is also a Beretta Factory Service Center) to always go to one of the service centers first for anything. If dealing with the mothership was necessary, they would do it on your behalf.

Not to detail the thread, but for my part, I appreciated FIMS effort to bring something different to market, as I understand it, essentially an AR-10 bullpup, that has it's gas system removed. I'd almost consider one as an alternative to a Desert Tech rifle, if I could find one to get a hands on idea of ergonomics and accuracy. What I found particularly interesting was the forward displaced charging handle, which would seem to somewhat mitigate the awkwardness of cycling the bolt right next to your face. The significant downside would be the thermofit barrel, which to my mind makes swapping tubes almost totally impractical. If it could be had with Bartlein's 400ModBB barrel steel, in 308, it might be worth considering, but... Eh.

Reactions: 308pirate
I've never had to use Beretta service for the two shotguns that I've bought from them. But was advised by Cole Gunsmithing (from whom I bought a Silver Pigeon Sporting and who is also a Beretta Factory Service Center) to always go to one of the service centers first for anything. If dealing with the mothership was necessary, they would do it on your behalf.

Absolutely. Beretta actually doesn't seem to service their products. For shotguns, Cole's and Midwest Gunworks are two that I'm familiar with. I've been told that Briley in Houston is one also but they aren't on the list so I discount that.

Reactions: 308pirate
you mean heat shrunk?

LOL that's basically a one and done rifle
Yup, I think the term they use is "cryogenically fitted". I'm not sure why they would do this. I can't assume that threading the receiver and barrel would be prohibitive to manufacture, though maybe it's a cost saving measure, similar to whatever Remington model it was that had the press fit barrel. I just can't quite stomach the idea of having to worry about the barrel potentially shifting in the receiver as it heats or cools. A shouldered, threaded barrel would make the system much more attractive to me.

I just can't quite stomach the idea of having to worry about the barrel potentially shifting in the receiver as it heats or cools.

That's not an issue. The joint self aligns as it normalizes in temperature.

8D8BD25C-F4F8-4CD3-BD63-A8776ACA9964.jpeg

There was a recall after someone assembled the bolt incorrectly that might have caused the rifle to go kaboom...

Also haven't seen not one video where the shooter would slowly cycle the bolt after the shot...I imagine extraction is possible only if the shooter jerks the bolt with some extra energy, could be a problem on stronger rounds/caliber