• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New binos

What binoculars do you use.

• Standard

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Rangefinding

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Retacle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sparkeytj

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2020
Im haveing a hard time deciding on which type of binos would be more practical during a match. Since I have not found a set of binoculars that have a range finder and reticle combined I feel I need to pick one.

I like the "idea" of a reticle to measure targets to get an idea of what my wind budget is and could help my wind game. But most people I know use terrapin or sig type bluetooth connected laser rangfinders/binos for spotting. The ability to connect to my kestrel is nice but the matches I shoot have fairly accurate ranges and my range finder is ok, so is it nessicary.

What do you guys find more useful and why?

pretty hard to look through LRF binos after getting a set of NL Pure 12x42

i've come to accept i'll probably end up with a lot of glass to solve this problem
NL Pure 12x42 for pure spotting and hunting
Sig 8k or similar LRF for hunting and general range use
Sig 10k for NRL Hunter type matches and general range use
high power spotter for hunting and some range use

if only we could get a 12/15x50/56 with NL Pure glass, Sig 10k laser and an etched mil reticle

I carry a LRF Bino and a small 15x spotter with a reticle in it. Having a reticle is definitely nice as you can measure targets and figure wind calls and holds with it. Just having a LRF is also a good idea but if you can swing a LRF bino it would work well also for two jobs.