• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bipod shoes from Australia to Atlas bipod.

viking78

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
FINLAND
www.youtube.com
New company from Australia.
They do insert to Atlas bipod, and on this insert, you can quick connect 4 different type of feet.
Quite a neet set.
Boscabel is name of this company.

I think the idea is you adjust to the height you want then lock the legs at that height. Not stuck with pre-set heights like conventional bipods. Springs mean you don't hold the weight of the rifle alone while setting height. Not sure how I feel about it personally.
Kind if like the idea but would have to try it first.

So I've taken the plunge and have ordered a bipod from these guys. Being Australian, I thought I'd support them. As most of you know, our gun industry struggles a fair bit due to our draconian overlords. Anyways, I'll be doing a proper review as soon as it arrives. I will say, their customer service was really good. Down to earth guys, who actually shoot.

So I've taken the plunge and have ordered a bipod from these guys. Being Australian, I thought I'd support them. As most of you know, our gun industry struggles a fair bit due to our draconian overlords. Anyways, I'll be doing a proper review as soon as it arrives. I will say, their customer service was really good. Down to earth guys, who actually shoot.
I'm interested to hear how you go with them mate

Ok so early review of the Boscabel bipod. I really like it, however I have not taken it out in the field yet. Its one of those bits of gear that really comes into their own when mounted and tried, not just 'held in the hand'. When I first put it on, I was SUPER impressed with the fitment onto the pic rail - really nice attachment. I also like the little 'lock' on the mount. The mount is so good in fact, if I had multiple guns, I'd only buy the one bipod and move it around, its just perfect. The following is just my opinion.

When I first pulled it out of the box - more on that shortly - I thought it had too much play it in, and the leg position notches weren't machined accurately enough. Once installed however, I understood how it all comes together. For those of us who 'load' into the rifle prior to taking a shot, its got the perfect amount of movement. This is a bipod that has obviously been designed to be used, in all kinds of conditions, not just a bench. If you are after a bipod that will not move at all for bench work, then I think there are better choices out there. But if you're shooting a match, or hunting, this is a really good option.

It is bomber strong. It feels like it can handle the weight of my DTA without ever feeling like its at its limit. I did like my BT-10 Atlas too, but the revolving legs didn't work for me. I'm sure the PSR would have been a better fit. I also found the Atlas was a little frustrating getting to the exact position/height I wanted. It felt, and I'm sure I'm wrong here, like the Atlas wasn't built to handle the weight. Atlas notched legs work, but you do not have as much adjustment. With the Boscabel, you unlock the cams on the legs, set it down, check level (built in level in my one piece mount) and lock cams, lock center and you are steady as a rock, no matter what the ground level is doing.

I have not weighed each bipod, but I have no doubt the Boscabel is significantly heavier than the Atlas. One major disadvantage IMO.

The quality of the Boscabel is shown in the packaging. It came in a BEAUTIFUL case - something that you'd not expect a bipod to come in, no matter the price point. I'll take photos at some stage, but you'd happily use the case in your gun bag long term, not just throw it out.

I look forward to using it in competition and hunting.

Pro's: Strong, infinitely adjustable heights, really really fast to get into a great shooting position, feet options are awesome, exceptional QD pic mount, value

Con's: Weight, more possibility of breakage - springs and other small bits - yet to be seen, movement for those who like a non-moving bipod, having to weigh your rifle at the point of attachment (which I did not do but wish I had)

For a small Aussie company, they have released a really good real-use bipod. There will certainly be lighter, more stable niche bipods out there, but in my opinion, this is a great all-rounder.

I hope this helps!

Ok so early review of the Boscabel bipod. I really like it, however I have not taken it out in the field yet. Its one of those bits of gear that really comes into their own when mounted and tried, not just 'held in the hand'. When I first put it on, I was SUPER impressed with the fitment onto the pic rail - really nice attachment. I also like the little 'lock' on the mount. The mount is so good in fact, if I had multiple guns, I'd only buy the one bipod and move it around, its just perfect. The following is just my opinion.

When I first pulled it out of the box - more on that shortly - I thought it had too much play it in, and the leg position notches weren't machined accurately enough. Once installed however, I understood how it all comes together. For those of us who 'load' into the rifle prior to taking a shot, its got the perfect amount of movement. This is a bipod that has obviously been designed to be used, in all kinds of conditions, not just a bench. If you are after a bipod that will not move at all for bench work, then I think there are better choices out there. But if you're shooting a match, or hunting, this is a really good option.

It is bomber strong. It feels like it can handle the weight of my DTA without ever feeling like its at its limit. I did like my BT-10 Atlas too, but the revolving legs didn't work for me. I'm sure the PSR would have been a better fit. I also found the Atlas was a little frustrating getting to the exact position/height I wanted. It felt, and I'm sure I'm wrong here, like the Atlas wasn't built to handle the weight. Atlas notched legs work, but you do not have as much adjustment. With the Boscabel, you unlock the cams on the legs, set it down, check level (built in level in my one piece mount) and lock cams, lock center and you are steady as a rock, no matter what the ground level is doing.

I have not weighed each bipod, but I have no doubt the Boscabel is significantly heavier than the Atlas. One major disadvantage IMO.

The quality of the Boscabel is shown in the packaging. It came in a BEAUTIFUL case - something that you'd not expect a bipod to come in, no matter the price point. I'll take photos at some stage, but you'd happily use the case in your gun bag long term, not just throw it out.

I look forward to using it in competition and hunting.

Pro's: Strong, infinitely adjustable heights, really really fast to get into a great shooting position, feet options are awesome, exceptional QD pic mount, value

Con's: Weight, more possibility of breakage - springs and other small bits - yet to be seen, movement for those who like a non-moving bipod, having to weigh your rifle at the point of attachment (which I did not do but wish I had)

For a small Aussie company, they have released a really good real-use bipod. There will certainly be lighter, more stable niche bipods out there, but in my opinion, this is a great all-rounder.

I hope this helps!

How about some pictures of it on your rifle?

So far that i have tested these Boscabel feets, the best one i really like is the titanium spike feet, that is my ultimate choice of this kit.
I do shoot personally on soft ground a lot, so i need that superior stopping power from the bipod, and this long spike will hold a ton of force, so this is my ultimate choice.
It hold in any surface i have put them on, no matter what the surface is, it will hold.
There are places that these posh high heels are not allowed to go, so that´s why the kit allows you to choose of four of different one.
But if you by the whole kit, you can choose the feet you want to use, very easy to remove and swap the feet that fits in to your
need.
Boscabel is the only company that has this with the Atlas bipod in the world.
They do have also a own bipod model.
Please check the your localdistributor.

Reactions: MJF
So I've had a chance to test my full Boscabel bipod for a while now, including at a PSR match. Overall, I'm happy with it. The ability to set the height on uneven ground, and the new quick lock lever is fantastic. I'd like to see tolerances upped on the leg joint so you don't have to maintain constant forward pressure, but thats probably my sloppy technique more than anything. I'll be trying different feet going forward. Make sure you measure the correct weight for your springs!

Attachments

• atlas.jpg
    atlas.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 67342118_386209028767098_4266138689530232832_n.jpg
    67342118_386209028767098_4266138689530232832_n.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 67545442_1319213674914672_3345566175378538496_n.jpg
    67545442_1319213674914672_3345566175378538496_n.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 67478481_2950287868376583_5063732460202754048_n.jpg
    67478481_2950287868376583_5063732460202754048_n.jpg