• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

codym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2018
New Mexico
I’ve been running atlas bipods (bt 10 v8) for a long time. It’s a solid bipod but what are you all running? I haven’t kept up with developments in the bipod game so wanting to see if the latest and greatest is worth a look. Shoot a few precision matches a year, some prone matches then hunting and lots of practice off of barrels barricades rocks etc .. so looking for something that can do a little bit of everything well.

I run atlas(one rotating leg, one non), accu-tac(br4), harris, and GG&G

I don’t know the models of atlas. Just bought them to try

Reactions: codym
I started with a Harris S-BRM, then graduated to a Atlas CAL Gen 2, then moved to an Accu-Tac BR-4 G2 and recently picked up a Cyke-Pod. I think they all have their positive and negatives. I haven't used the Cyke-Pod yet, but it's got a ton of adjustments suited for the PRS game.

I have paired down my collection of bipods to an Atlas CAL gen 2 and a Cky-pod gen 2 PRS.

I like the Atlas better for shooting groups and load development it has less slop

If you shoot off of a lot of crazy stuff you can’t beat the adjustability and articulation of the Cky

If I had to pick one it would be the Atlas CAL
For the price you can’t beat it as an all around do everything good bipod.

atlas super cal for sturdy match bipod. triple pull for good match use and hunting

we have bnt ( atlas bi pods ) nice easy to use great quality
2 prs , 1 5h and 2 super cals

I have an ckye pod ( crazy expensive , but once I got used to using it I personally love it
and recently we bought a ground pod from mdt It's a lot like an atlas super easy to use and for 120 including shipping It's a great alternative well for us it is .
1 ckye pod and 3 ground pods

Elite Iron has fantastic “natural point of aim” (NPA) due to its rotating collar, but is ungainly in match settings (so I’ve heard). I own a panner which I would not suggest unless you shoot movers.

Take a look at LRA bipods. Full carbon fiber and between my bipods (an Atlas Cal, Elite Iron, LRA Lite Tactical F-class, and an Atlas Scal) the LRA has the second best cant NPA adjustment and solid lock-off. The EI is best in those two areas.

The Atlas, as you may have noticed, has odd lock-off abilities.

For others who don’t know, the total Altas adjustment of the cant lock is very small, so it is sort of either on or off. It also doesn’t fully lock off, but it is adjustable. But if you adjust it to (almost) fully lock off then when unlocked it’s still a bit stiff.

Reactions: vno.helix
The Warne Skyline is a nice bipod as well. A little sloppy like the cyke pod but has some cool features. Atlas Cals are great I just wish you could deploy the legs faster like the Skyline.

I have the atlas cal and ckyepod my next one will be a tbac. I sold my Harris but probably should have kept to have a good variety.

I could be wrong, but I always thought the “slop” in certain bipods like the Cyke or Tbac are on purpose so the bipod doesn’t hop during recoil. The Ckye is great for PRS. My favorite bipod for all around shooting that works great on anything from a precision bolt gun to 16” semi-auto is the Tbac bipod.

Last edited:
Gucci’d Harris (Harris SBRM + RRS adaptor/ARCA clamp + Hawk Hill talons + JKL Precision talon covers)

Then just borrow a Ckye-Pod for the ~2-3 stages you actually really need one per season lol.

I have a number of Atlas bipods. Been using them for years. I picked up a tbac and I will say its one of my favorites.

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpeg
    IMG_3038.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 71
I'm in the market for a better bipod too as I've never been very happy with my Harris. It's always been adequate when I didn't know any better but I've never loved it. I thought my atlas was way better but still not perfect. The hotness is getting your barrel inside that triangle of stability. I'm trying to decide between an atlas 5h and an elite iron.

Just get the atlas. You wont regret it.
PSR has pan and tilt.
Cal does not pan.

Both the PSR and CAL are listed in the PX.

Last edited: