• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bits and pieces 260

gregt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
Australia
I've wanted to do myself a 260 for a while now and this one sort of fell together from parts I had lying around or swapped for other work. The action is a LH Stiller Tac 30 AW that I bartered for some machining work. It's got a pinned 20 MOA rail and pinned lug supplied by Stiller. The trigger is a single stage Davies which is just lovely to use. The barrel is a 1/8 twist MAB (they're made in Australia) that was chambered for another rifle. It's a light profile at around 23" and had done very little work. I swapped it for a little more machining work. I trimmed up the threads (they were cut originally a little oversize) and reset the headspace (there was plenty to play with given the .3" recoil lug). I've also got a Lilja medium Palma profile 1/8 twist 3 groove barrel blank I'll set up for it later on. It's really nicely balanced with the light barrel though so if it shoots well it's staying there for a while.

The stock is a left over centre section left over from a RH AICS that I made a new centre section for to suit a Sako 85 a while back. I chopped off the bolt lug, cut a slot on the other side and machined it out to fit the Davies trigger and the fat recoil lug. I made new front and rear sections and set it up to take a Limbsaver pad and milled up a cheekrest from delrin. The skins are currently an old set of AICS 1.5's but I'll replace them with something a bit flasher shortly. The bipod is a work in progress but seems to work really well.

I've just stripped it all down, the chassis is off getting anodised black again and I'll blast and cerakote the barrel graphite black. The scope is currently a 4-16 Vortex PST. I've got a couple of AW mags on the way, some brass, primers and projectiles ready to load up so hopefully it should be up and shooting in a couple of weeks. This is my first left handed rifle, I've been shooting RH rifles LH for far too long, I can't wait to give this one a go!

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg