• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bling from KRG

looks like its going to look a lot like the Archangel OPFPOR stock

211176.jpg

My hope is that is is lighter, and in the same ball park that the X-ray is in price wise. It will be tough to crack into the $900-$1300 "traditional" stock market, but a quality product could.

The only info on their website:

"August 2, 2017

Our brand new chassis, the BRAVO, is coming this fall. We will be dropping specs over the next few weeks on Facebook and Instagram. Be sure tho follow us for the latest announcements."

My hope is that is is lighter, and in the same ball park that the X-ray is in price wise. It will be tough to crack into the $900-$1300 "traditional" stock market, but a quality product could.

This looks like a polymer stock with a basic adjustable stock. Im betting this comes in b/w $400 & $500. It should do very well for them, but I dont think I can wait around for the Tikka inlet release.

This looks like a polymer stock with a basic adjustable stock. Im betting this comes in b/w $400 & $500. It should do very well for them, but I dont think I can wait around for the Tikka inlet release.

That would be a great in-between the Magpul stock, and Manners/McMillan. More features than the Grayboe stocks. Time will tell though.

Like you said, it will be a bit before Tikka inlets.

Knowing that the folks at KRG have an affinity for the Tikka/ Sako rifles and the fact that a hint was dropped on a Tikka thread a few weeks ago; we should see a Tikka inlet right away.

If it does I'm going to be upset I sprung for an X-ray when this is actually more like I may have wanted with the chassis backbone it looks to have.

While i liked the idea of my X-ray such as the bolt & go, adjustability, light weight, and recoil impulse it was impractically too unbalanced for me. Though if priced right it will sell easily. Grayboe is definitely got the traditional stock market but you're still looking at a 250$+ additional cost for bedding if you're having a smith do it.

Last edited:
Looks like a TRG style polymer stock using the same backbone idea/design as the xrays/whiskeys (smart). The pic appears to be of a prototype thats been 3d printed - at least the adjustable cheek looks to be.

If it comes in lighter than an xray I'll probably end up with one for a hunting rifle... when they release the tikka inlet.

We're pretty excited about this one guys, I personally find it very comfortable, maybe better than the TRG which is the gold standard for production stock ergos.

A couple of you guys are getting warmer with your guesses, however not the poster that suggested it would be like an Archangel stock and sadly it won't be inletted for a Mosin Nagant. For early info and ordering you can get on our newsletter (it is a once a month or two kind of thing, not an every other day kind of newsletter): https://kineticresearchgroup.com/

Thanks guys, I can't give out details other than what we put up on instagram and facebook but I think you'll like it.
Justin

We're pretty excited about this one guys, I personally find it very comfortable, maybe better than the TRG which is the gold standard for production stock ergos.

A couple of you guys are getting warmer with your guesses, however not the poster that suggested it would be like an Archangel stock and sadly it won't be inletted for a Mosin Nagant. For early info and ordering you can get on our newsletter (it is a once a month or two kind of thing, not an every other day kind of newsletter): https://kineticresearchgroup.com/

Thanks guys, I can't give out details other than what we put up on instagram and facebook but I think you'll like it.
Justin

Thanks for checking in. I've been super pleased with my current "baby trg" (Tikka in an Xray), so I can't wait to see what you have going.

We are doing a Tikka inlet but no hard dates available right now. As a couple guys mentioned, we've been into Sako/Tikka's since the beginning. Thanks guys,
Justin

"This looks like a polymer stock with a basic adjustable stock. Im betting this comes in b/w $400 & $500."

Think this'll be more along the lines of an AICS (and maybe near-AICS money). The pic on Instagram doesn't show the best angle but it looks as though there's a full-length back-bone to which the "skins" attach.

I'm liking what I see so far. Can't wait until features, specs and cost are unveiled.

Reactions: FishDr
I'm thinking this will sell very well for them. Love my W3, might have to pick one of these up too. Can't wait to see specs.

Guess I will hold off on the X-ray, was leaning towards it heavily. I would like to see the new stock before I fork over $

Here's a new shot just for our friends at the hide.

Attachments

• photo69420.jpg
    photo69420.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 381
Reactions: Joeydias3
I was going to pick up another X-Ray here in a month or so; I may just have to wait a bit now. I really like the lines of this new stock/chassis...

I'm in the same boat. Planning for another X-Ray but now I will wait.

I'm in the same boat. Planning for another X-Ray but now I will wait.

seems like a trend. Wonder if people will start selling the X-ray to move to the new stock. Might be some opportunities to pick up used X-rays.

Was in the same boat as a few here, looking at picking up another stock for my varmint rifle. Not sure which would look better.

Like others...... We need more details!!

Hey guys, thank you for all the interest in this new project. I can tell you it's been a long time coming and we're really excited about it. That said, we're really trying to do this one right. We don't want to give any false specs or timelines and not make them in the end. We see this a lot in our industry and as consumers ourselves, we know it can be highly annoying. The good news is, in a little over a month we will be dropping full specs, pricing, weight, and availability dates. We have a feeling that most of you will be happy after hearing what we have in store.

-John

This is something I'm interested in, will it be offered for Tikka's? Also a factory bottom metal option would be nice for those of us that prefer the TRG mags over AI mags.

This is something I'm interested in, will it be offered for Tikka's? Also a factory bottom metal option would be nice for those of us that prefer the TRG mags over AI mags.

They said Tikkas will come but not at launch

Some things have changed a bit and it's possible that we'll have the Tikka version ready to go very close to the Rem SA version.

Several guys have posted about this vs the X-ray. They are different, it's hard to explain at this point since we haven't released all the specs. Whether the features/benefits of one are better for you than the other will only be an individual decision but the Bravo doesn't make the X-ray or Whiskey-3 obsolete in our opinion. Thanks guys,
Justin

What price point at you guys shooting for? Teeing to decide if I want to get one of these or an aics stock

Howa short action inlet right from the get-go, PLEASE

Can the cheek riser adjustment knob be moved to the other side for us lefties?

Hey guys, thanks for hanging in there!

-Sadly the cheek adjustment knob cannot be moved, but you can replace it with just a regular screw if you can live with the reduced functionality (you could also store a hex wrench in the grip).

-The T3 version will take AICS mags. There was an MLok/Keymod style battle (figuratively speaking) between the AICS mags and TRG mags , and Sako/Tikka came in with too little (price reduction), too late. I do prefer that mag personally though. If you have a mill, or are handy with a dremel or file, you can make alter any of our Tikka chassis to take TRG/CTR mags (with our TRG mag catch). The length is nearly identical, it's just the AICS is tapered toward the front and the TRG/CTR is a rectangle.

-Howa fans don't get discouraged but we can't make any promises.

Thanks guys, we hope you like this one!
Justin

-Howa fans don't get discouraged but we can't make any promises.
Surely there can't be any technical issues, can it?

I understand if the business case doesn't pan out, but I struggle to understand how some of your best chassis cannot be machined to a Howa SA inlet.

Wow, you guys are going to sell a ton of these at $349

this thing looks simply amazing.

Copy pasting the newsletter for those who cant see it yet

db088a28-190b-453e-a2eb-f25c1c6de8e6.jpg

The Bravo provides you with the essential chassis benefits combined with conventional target/varmint ergonomics, all at a modest price

The Bravo is one of the most comfortable stocks available, but that's just the beginning. The precisely machined bedding area will put your action in its happy place practically like it was custom bedded. The full-length aluminum backbone will not allow the forend to flex, but it does allow for design modularity with loads of accessories (and even other KRG chassis). The ergonomic adjustments are just what you need to fit your frame so you can pull off the difficult shots. It takes the industry standard AICS mags right out of the box. And best of all, it’s affordable.

It's light. It's comfortable. It's modular. It's good looking. And it's practically free. You'll love it!

7b82e9f6-cc49-4bef-aefd-6e6e0e9a6e4f.jpg

ee30bf93-8a8b-42aa-8c2f-283e9722efc1.jpg

Key features:

-Inlets available for Remington 700 (long & short) and Tikka T3 (short)

-AICS Mag Compatable

-Tool-less cheekpiece height adjustment

-User adjustable length of pull, via spacer stack
(comes standard w/ 3 spacers)

-Full length aluminum backbone from the action to the tip of the foreend

-Buttstock can be configured as a continuous angled surface or in a “butthook” style

-Capped grip cavity for storage

-MLOK slots on the sides and bottom of the foreend

-Accepts KRG Spigot mount

-Color: black and tan

-Materials: Aluminum and injection molded reinforced polymer

-Weight: 2.9lbs (R700 SA)

-Price: Starting at $349 (R700 SA), $389 (Tikka SA), $TBA (R700 LA)

Ordering/Shipping will begin on November 24, 2017 (tentatively)

c9ac2f3e-11a5-4c09-a742-73db532748bc.jpg

2d09ba34-2fc9-4b1c-811d-532e1b53dc65.jpg

23e2499f-2c5c-4fe6-acc4-7da5f496ba2e.jpg

b2603166-fc2c-4363-8783-3c8a2b92be37.jpg

At that price I think it virtually eliminates any need for the magpul hunter as this seems to do everything the hunter can and more. No buying different height cheek pieces. Has a spot for a spigot and everything plus what looks like mlock along the bottom as well? All for something like 50 bucks more than the magpul and its dbm piece.

Thanks guys! Glad to hear you're liking it so far.

It can take our Spigot (or the Elite Iron bipod like in the pic), it does have slots designed to be M-LOK compatible on the sides and bottom of the forend, plus mount points for KRG standard accessories on the bottom. The rear end has holes to mount a rail (MOE L2 spacing, Magpul rail included) to attach a monopod.

There will be a kit available to give it tool-less buttpad height. This is handy because when the pad is raised it can get in the way of a cleaning rod when it's time to clean the bore.

We have a flat bag rider coming too for the guys that like the bag riders that are parallel to the bore.

We have some other things in the works that will come next year to fit the Bravo.

Justin

Thanks guys! Glad to hear you're liking it so far.

It can take our Spigot (or the Elite Iron bipod like in the pic), it does have slots designed to be M-LOK compatible on the sides and bottom of the forend, plus mount points for KRG standard accessories on the bottom. The rear end has holes to mount a rail (MOE L2 spacing, Magpul rail included) to attach a monopod.

There will be a kit available to give it tool-less buttpad height. This is handy because when the pad is raised it can get in the way of a cleaning rod when it's time to clean the bore.

We have a flat bag rider coming too for the guys that like the bag riders that are parallel to the bore.

We have some other things in the works that will come next year to fit the Bravo.

Justin

Love it! I may pick one up to play with on my match rifle. Been looking to change things up and prefer traditional stocks. This will also complement my TRG as well! Any plans to make a butt stock section like this for my TRG?

Where does the line start??????

Glad I didn't get the XRay. I think I would like the Bravo more.