• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New Bolt knob

remy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2008
Pheonix knob shipped from AZP, installed it myself today.
rear.jpg

boltup.jpg

rearside.jpg

Re: New Bolt knob

Looks good! And your my first customer that installed their own knob.
Did I send you a Varminter to try too? I've given a few away but I forgot who I've given them to.

No just the "P" not sure I even saw the Varminter/

wow man, i keep seeing your bolt knobs all over this site. youre makin me wanna give one a shot. just need to get around to checking the thread size and pitch before i pull the trigger(yes, all the puns were intended, it will never happen again, i swear). and by the way, this one, along with all the others, outstanding.

Yes..2092 308

Previous post...the thread size he used on that knob was 10/32. That is what he recommended and I used it because I don't plan on swapping knobs around, but he will put any thread you want. As far as the pitch...not sure what your looking for (so you may want to pm Keith) but the knob runs straight with the original angle of the bolt...once it's cut

not to bad I used a square to get the angle of the bolt at 90 degrees but by looking at the pictures you recently posted that show the stock knobs cut off...I should have cut a little more off the bolt before drilling and threading. I measured it and even if I took off another 1/8 to a 1/4 off the handle, the wall thickness (after drilling) wouldn't have been much more so I think it will be fine.