• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New brass issue.

Denny Outdoors

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 11, 2022
NY
I bought 1000 Peterson 6dasher brass from the last run. If I load the new brass with any bullet jump I’ll get a couple of light primer strikes and will not go off. Jamming the bullets has zero issue. After I resize and load no issue. Any thoughts?

Rifle is impact action and proof prefit competition.

They must have a lot of headspace at the shoulder and this is letting the case slide forward and causing a light strike.

Measure the base to shoulder length on a new case and compare that to a fired unsized case. I'm assuming you are going to see the case is stretching a good amount on that first shot.

Neck the new brass up one caliber, then neck back down forming a false shoulder. When fired it will prevent case stretch and give perfectly fire formed brass in your chamber.

If you're worried about over working the brass expanding to 6.5mm and then back down to 6mm, you can accomplish the same by only going up to .25 caliber.

Reactions: iceng