• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Budget SPR Build

GrantA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Thomasville, GA USA
Just wanted to show it off, I wanted my wife to have a rifle of her own so I've been collecting parts here and there to build each of us our first ARs, finally got this together. I also built myself one that's mostly the same but has a 20" bull barrel, same stock /grip/small parts though. Specs are:
Anderson lower, massaged milspec trigger w/ JP springs and anti walk pins (4lb smooth & short pull with grip screw mod), LWRC trigger guard (I love it if for aesthetics alone)
Aero upper, bcm gunfighter ch mod4
Magpul MOE stock (fde, other parts are alumahyde coyote)
Sierra Precision SPR grip, bad lever
18" barrel, 223 wylde chamber from Integrity Arms (supposedly same barrels as ARP, it was a good deal so fingers are crossed).
JP brake, free float tube is fiberglass, built by me, and I threw on a Harris copy for now.
Burris Zee rings and a Redfield Revenge DNS, I'm digging this scope if the elevation turret is repeatable. Windage is capped, reticle has windage markings at 2moa increments @9x, elevation is low-profile and has solid clicks, I figured it'd be perfect for her.
I'll get a range report sometime this week

Last edited:
Looks good Grant. I'm finishing an AR cheap build from a straight bushmaster platform that doesn't look near as cool as that. What height rings are those? I was going to mount up a bushnell 3200 10x40 and want it low as possible

Looks really good! I wish I had the patience to collect the parts. Unless its a factory gun or upper/lower ready to go chances are I won't get it together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good Grant. I'm finishing an AR cheap build from a straight bushmaster platform that doesn't look near as cool as that. What height rings are those? I was going to mount up a bushnell 3200 10x40 and want it low as possible

Thanks guys, Anthony they are right at 1" from rail to center, I'm not sure if it would clear a top rail though so depending on what kind of handguard you have you might have to go higher for that

Thanks Grant. I have a yhm free float so its a smaller profile but I guess it depends on the scope too. I'm not looking for anything big as this is just till I have my .284 back and a 6.5 creedmoor. How do you like that redfeild and its custom turrets? Are the clicks accurate?

Great looking builds. Hope they shoot as good as they look. About how much was it to build one?

Your scope looks very low? Can you look through the center of the eye piece with a comfortable cheek weld? I have a Bushnell AR/223 scope with a 4.5-18x40mm zoom mounted in Nikon P-SERIES 2 piece mounts and if they were any lower I could not get a good cheek weld.

Mine measures 1+3/8" from top of rail to center of the 1" scope tube.

Attachments

• WOA UPPER .JPG
    WOA UPPER .JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: