• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New build. 308.

7mmRM

Minuteman
Jul 2, 2004
Celestine, Indiana
Finnished up a new rifle this week. Under the guidance of Geoff Corn, I chambered and crowned this bbl. The action work was long already done. This was a MTU contoured Broughton bbl I had sittin around.. I had Geoff flute the shit out of it before hand. Its now very FLUTED lol!

At any rate, I did the rest of it as well. Pillar and glass bedding, Tac OPs bolt knob, bedded/glued the Seekins rail to the reciever.

The stock was a labor of love for sure. This stock was used hard from the word go. Many dings, gouges, etc. Not to mention it was inletted for the old goofy side release HS dbm, had a cut out for a side bolt release, and had an Anshutz acc rail in the forearm. But it is an old style A4, so a facelift seemed like the right thing to do!

I filled all the voids and inlets with Devcon and sanded them smooth. Inletted it for a Badger M5. Added a picatinny rail for the Atlas bipod, and a couple flush cups. Then finnished it with OD Green Alumahyde II.

I Kryloned the metal till I get my GunKote curing oven finnished.

I shot it some this week. My old standby load of 44.5 Varget and 175 SMKs shot excellent as per usual. Loaded up some 178 AMAXs a little bit ago....

Building them is nearly as fun as shooting them... Cant wait til the lathe and mill gets here and I get my shop done!

The specs are as following-

Trued Rem700
FLUTED 1-12 twist Broughton finnished at 22"
Tac Ops knob
Old style A4 with spacer LOP and saddle cheek
Badger M5
Seekins 20MOA rail
Seekins rings
NXS 3.5-15x50 F1 with MIL/MLR
Atlas V8 with ARMS mount.

PDOG09143.jpg

PDOG09144.jpg

PDOG09147.jpg

PDOG09145.jpg

PDOG09149.jpg

PDOG09148.jpg

Re: New build. 308.

You sir are a very lucky man, having all those sweet rifles and now your building them. Did you go to a smithy school or just a machinist with a passion for rifles?

That rifle turned out awsome. where did you find a old dinged up stock like that or did you have it laying around?

Thanks guys.

Blak,
Up until a year ago, I never used a mill or a lathe. Ive had some good teachers, along with some of the builders here, Ive learned ALOT. Im dig this shit in a major way and absorb info on it like a sponge. Ask my wife- I eat, breathe, and shit rifles! LOL! I hope to have everything up and runnin by end of summer.

Jx,

Ive had that stock for some time. I aquired it here.

I like the way that you are keeping the bikini cover for the scope attached. I have been thinking of doing the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys.

Blak,
Up until a year ago, I never used a mill or a lathe. Ive had some good teachers, along with some of the builders here, Ive learned ALOT. Im dig this shit in a major way and absorb info on it like a sponge. Ask my wife- I eat, breathe, <span style="font-weight: bold">and shit rifles</span>! LOL! I hope to have everything up and runnin by end of summer.

Jx,

Ive had that stock for some time. I aquired it here. </div></div>

Damn, thats gotta burn
sick.gif

Hahaha I was about to say.. If you ever decide you shit out a rifle you don't want I take that shit off your hands (pun intended) Your wife sounds top notch for letting you have more than just a couple sweet sticks. Does she have her own yet?