• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Build! 6.5 Grendal

blurry6

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
WA, USA
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to show you a few pics of a new build I put together. It's a potpourri (never thought I'd use that word,... EVER) of parts I bought or had laying around. It's a 6.5 Grendel (my second) that has all the trademarks of being a shooter at this point - I just got the barrel barely broken in. Ain't she purdy!
000_0030.JPG

000_0026.JPG

Specs:

AA (Alexander Arms) 24" 6.5 Grendal Barrel w/1:9-twist
Smith Enterprises Vortex Flash Hider
JP (Enterprises)Low Profile Adjustable Gas Block w/standard length gas tube
JP Standard Length Free-Float Forearm
AA Billet Upper Receiver w/side charge
Stag Lower w/ Geiselle 2-stage trigger
Magpul PRS Adjustable Stock
Hogue Grip
US Optics 3.2-17x44 ERGO Scope with EREK Knob (MOA/MOA)

I REALLY like the JP Enterprises adjustable gas block! I'm gonna start putting them on all my gas-guns!

While this rifle, and the loads I've pumped through it, is not at all difficult to shoot or punishing to the shooter, I did order up an AA muzzle-brake/flash-hider to put on the end for off-hand shooting. Again, it isn't really necessary as the 9.5-lbs of weight and mild recoiling cartridge don't justify its' necessity,... but that's what money's for, right? Unless you're Obama,... then it's for everyone else
wink.gif

Here's the best five-shot group of the day while finishing up the break-in and fire-forming brass. These were 107 SMK's I had laying around that I wasn't too interested in keeping, as well as some (27.1gr) Viht N140 that didn't work out too well with my other Grendal and 260 Rem. OAL is 2.260" (the MAX for these magazines). Not too bad for 'one-off' load development. I still have some of the 107's and N140 that I might play with. If anything, this is going to be a MEAN little coyote rifle.

Grendal_107SMK_27-1grVihtN140_2-260OAL.jpg

That's the word!

Ryan